Not able to receive picture messages.
CJC1988

My boyfriend has the Samsung Alias and it won't receive picture messages, the same messages have been sent to my phone (the LG Dare).  Can anyone help me figure out what is going on??  Many Thanks!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Not able to receive picture messages.
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

Can he send picture messages from his phone? If not, he may want to check and see if there's a block on his data connection, it would be called the National Access block. This would prevent the sending/receiving of MMS messages.

If no block, then on the phone do a battery pull while the phone is still on, then after powering back up have him do *228 and select option 1.

0 Likes
schroeder1959

I have been having the same problems with my phone.  I can send pictures messages from my new Env Touch to Verizon customers, but can not to AT&T customers.  This started all of a sudden too, I have always been able to send picture messages to them, but now I get and incomplete icon, and it is only the AT&T folks that don't get them.

Any ideas???

0 Likes
meika09

i have been having the same problems.......and being a verizon customer for almost 3 years now i am here to tell you that it will happen alot, i am currently having the problem it has been almost a week sincei  have first told tech support about it and yesterday they tell me it may be yet another week before they get it fixed. To top it all off THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME this has happened it happens pretty often, im sick of it my verizon/my network is the worst phone company i have ever had........my advice to you is get a new provider like AT&T or sprint {edit}

0 Likes
Carm
Contributor - Level 2

Ok, to those people sending out of network. Have you tried sending to the phones email address instead?

for at&t it is: number@mms.att.net

t-mobile it is: number@tmail.com

For sprint it is: messaging.sprintpcs.com

I know I should have to do this, but for example I frequently have issues A LOT sending pix to t-mobile people. I found that doing that usually works 99% of the time.

As far as complaining about VZW, once that pix messages leaves their network, it is out of their hands period. If you want to verify pix message is working correctly, email yourself to your web based mail. If it comes through, guess what? Its working just fine!

Also, not many people are aware of this but Just because you put a number in, VZW does not decide where it goes. The mms if not in-network goes through a 3rd party ( can't remember name right now ). They are responsible for making sure if goes through ( no you can't call them ). Otherwise it is up to the other carrier to determine what the world the problem is.

This makes things a lot harder, but as I stated above, if you can send to for example hotmail or gmail or yahoo mail then chances are

1) It IS leaving the VZW network

2) It is being properly handled by the 3rd party MMS company responsible for that

3) It most likely is the other carrier failing to deliver

Also remember that the receivers phone has a lot to do with it as well

cell.gif

0 Likes