Re: New Message  app receives duplicate messages.
Skwerl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Samsung Note5, Marsmallow, baseband version ending in BQA1 as if Feb 1/17. I had messenger 6.4.5. Reinstalled each new version after repeated force close, zombie txt, and inability to attach pic thru gallery.

Ver 6.4.5 would not send, it would force close. Rolled back to factory Vz messenger+, worked flawlessly for 3 days then would not send/rcv txt on mobile or wifi. Disabled message+ went to native samsung app.

The bug appears isolated to message+ via the new default chat setting & with the provisioning of new Kanvas functionality.

These issues are widespread over multiple devices/users. Hard to believe this passed beta testing,  shocking really considering VZW doesn't bless any new software into the network that quickly ever.

0 Likes
Re: New Message app receives duplicate messages.
JAYSC

Tired of messing with this app, and the time it takes you to respond. Different tech contacting each time. Already downloaded another app, which works similar to V+. with no glitches. As Skweri stated, ‘Don’t know how this made it past Beta

0 Likes
Re: New Message app receives duplicate messages.
ctfan

I also seem to get messages from the same person, but in a totally new string.  Say I text person A and when he responds sometimes, I have the original string of texts from A but the response starts a completely new string, with only from that response on.  The response from the new string is not included in the original string that has the text I originally sent.  Makes any sense?

What is happening!?  It happens with no rhyme or reason to a couple of my contacts at random times.

0 Likes
Maddieholmez1738

My mom sent me one photo and I've gotten over 30 times within the last 2 days. it comes in in bundles of 2 or 3 duplicates at random times. ive cleared the cache, I've went to the original "messages" app (not message+ that I use). I don't know what to do, it's only happening with that one photo/text my mom sent me two days ago. I am not having this with any other number or text.

Please help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Maddieholmez1738, 

We understand how annoying this would be. There is a correct answer listed previously to uninstall the most recent update of the Messages+ application. Have you tried this option? If you delete the message from your phone and your mom does the same, do the messages still come through?

JenelleR_VZW

0 Likes