NEED HELP Activating Verizon Message+ without QR code
Souljagurrl424
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Samsung Galaxy S9+ (Verizon) was stolen about a week ago and I now have an Ellipsis 8 Verizon Wireless tablet that I am using as my phone. I have successfully transferred my service and phone number from my S9+ over to my tablet , but am having an extremely hard time activating the message+ app. In order to register my tablet, its asking to send a text with a QR code to my mobile number for me to scan with my tablet. The problem is that I don't have another device that I can receive the message on and scan the code off of. I've tried signing in on the web version of message+ from a friends phone so I can scan the code but the web app isn't receiving the text at all!!! There has to be a secondary option to verify my phone number/account! Please help!

0 Likes
Re: NEED HELP Activating Verizon Message+ without QR code
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

A tablet can't be used as a phone. The application recognizes the device is a tablet and is looking for the primary phone to sync with. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Souljagurrl424. We understand the importance of staying connected and we want to help. For security purposes, we'll need to have an active phone number to send the QR code or SecurePIN message. Unfortunately, there is no way around this. We recommend visiting vtext.com to view and compose messages. Does this help?

ChristianP_VZW

0 Likes
olearyg

A table sure can be used as a phone! My iPad Air 2 can make video calls and phone calls from FaceTime or Google Duo. 

0 Likes
Heisenberg71

I get a PIN, but no QR code to scan.  However, on my tablet there is no where to enter a PIN.  The ONLY option is to scan the QR.  Where should I enter the PIN I receive from my mobile phone onto the tablet?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to be sure you can get the Message+ app set up with your tablet, Heisenberg71. What model of tablet are you using? 

ZakC_VZW

0 Likes