My texts are all coming through as if they are from the same person no matter who sends them
ghostcat1101

Every time I receive a text it tells me who it is from on my front screen, but when I open the message it says it's from my Aunt.  Every message I receive says it's from her, and when I reply it goes to her no matter who actually sent it.  I have to start a new message every time I text because I can't reply unless I actually am talking to her.  I tried taking the battery out and putting it back in, I deleted her and then put her back in...nothing seems to be working.  What could cause something like this?  I have an LG Octane, and I got it brand new less than a year ago.  Also my phone will say that I have several new texts, and when I open my inbox there aren't any new ones.  If I open one and scroll through the little envelope goes away, but otherwise it just stays there.  I don't get what's going on with my phone, I'm kind of worried that it's a virus but I don't go online with it often at all.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My texts are all coming through as if they are from the same person no matter who sends them
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello ghostcat1101,

Thank you for sharing your issue with your device. I must admit that I never heard of this happening before. You have my full commitment in getting this issue resolved for you. Is the device that you are having the issue on an LG Octane? May I ask what software do you have on the device? Also, have you tried erasing your aunt's contact info from the phone & retest before re-adding her back to the list? If so, what was the results? I also recommend a restore phone on the device. I have posted the steps to do so below.

Restore Phone
With the flip open, from the main screen, press OK [Menu]
Scroll to Settings & Tools, press OK
Scroll to Phone Settings press OK.
Scroll to Security, press OK.
Enter Lock Code ???? displays,
enter the 4 digit lock code ( default: last 4 digits of phone number ).
Confirm Unlock code, tap OK
Scroll to Restore Phone, press OK.

Restore Phone - Permanently erases all contacts and user data. Resets phone settings to factory default. This phone will need to be re-programmed. Press <OK> to continue displays, press OK

If you are still having this issue then please reply to this posting with your results so I can further assist.

Thank you...

0 Likes