My phone deletes my text messages by itself
books2u

I have an LG Dare. I get and send tons of text msgs. Sometimes it tells me my in-box is full and I have to delete messages before I can receive any more. Other times I will get an alert that a text message has arrived and then before i can read it my phone deletes it. I checked the manual and it says that "sent" messages are limited to 100. It seems to delete oldest ones first. I tried locking the important messages I want to keep and those dont' get deleted, but others are deleted before they can even be read. I tried forwarding the text messages to my email but it won't allow me to if they have any punctuation in them at all. I checked my manual and there seems to be now way to switch to my micro SD card which has 8GB of memory, most of which I don't use. The phone itself has a measly 188 MB of internal memory...

any ideas? I'm just about ready to jump to an iPhone. The cost of losing an important text message might just pay for the new phone, the cancellation fee and monthly fees.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My phone deletes my text messages by itself
spursfan009

ok see if this works. Go to main menu screen tap on the messaging icon,scroll down to settings,go into settings.There you find all the setting for Text Messaging. The Auto save and auto erase. If auto save is on it would save all texat messages  to sent folder when it is sent/. And if have auto erase on it will erase all your read messages when exceed your  storage limit.

0 Likes
Re: My phone deletes my text messages by itself
griffgirl

I am also having this same problem, which just arose a few days ago. My outbox will now only store 50 messages, and is automatically deleting its oldest messages to keep the quantity at 50. I have checked and rechecked, and I do not have Auto Delete enabled. Plus, there is no way to create individual settings for my Inbox vs. Outbox - the settings apply to the messages as a whole.

Any ideas?

0 Likes