My custom text notifications are only working periodically
swytch625
Enthusiast - Level 1

My custom text notifications are only working periodically, reverts back to default sound, only since update...Anyone else have this problem??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My custom text notifications are only working periodically
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are numerous posts the past few days regarding various issues with the latest Verizon Messages update.  You may want to search through the space:

Verizon Messages

0 Likes
swytch625
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did check there before I posted. I haven't been able to find an answer for this specific issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Swytch625 Since messaging is the way we communicate we want to make sure your alerts are working. What happens when the custom alert does not work?

DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
swytch625
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a default sound, then I have custom sounds set up for several contacts. For example, my mom has her own sound. But since the update, when she texts me, it doesn't use her custom sound, but comes through as the default sound. I have an LG g2. I have verified that it's still setup to use her custom sound. About 75% of the time, it's not working.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that information. We your concern and want you to be able to use your custom notifications. Are both your application and device on the most recent software available? Have you tried force stopping the application?

JavierMD_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
swytch625
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, both software are current. I tried the force stop. Still having the same problem.

0 Likes