My Wife Can't Receive My Text Messages
richie72846
Contributor - Level 1

Suddenly my wife is unable to receive my text messages. We both have an iPhone 5s. Neither of us made any changes to our phones. She can text me but I'm unable to text her. I have no problem texting other people. We share the same apple ID and always have.

Thanks

Richie [removed]

Last name removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My Wife Can't Receive My Text Messages
richie72846
Contributor - Level 1

I found the problem just by luck. This is really strange, maybe it will make sense to you or someone else.

Om my wife's phone I went to settings, messages and then scrolled down to Blocked. In Blocked I scrolled all the way to the bottom, past many phone numbers she had blocked. When I got to the very end, the last item was not a phone number but  "my name" followed by "5s". I deleted it and all is well now.

Richie72846

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's certainly important for you to be able to send text messages to your wife, richie72846. Information can get crossed on the iPhone when sharing the same Apple ID. Are you sending messages to her phone number as opposed to an email? Are the messages sending successfully from your phone? Please check in Settings>Messages>Send & Receive. Is the phone number only checked on each of your devices? 

One option to consider is to create your own Apple ID. This will allow you both to use features such as iCloud on your devices and keep your accounts separate. However, you will both be able to share your purchases when using this feature. Check out more information on Apple Family Sharing here: http://apple.co/2zSUqXn .

Lauren_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
richie72846
Contributor - Level 1

I found the problem just by luck. This is really strange, maybe it will make sense to you or someone else.

Om my wife's phone I went to settings, messages and then scrolled down to Blocked. In Blocked I scrolled all the way to the bottom, past many phone numbers she had blocked. When I got to the very end, the last item was not a phone number but  "my name" followed by "5s". I deleted it and all is well now.

Richie72846

0 Likes