Re: My Moto360 watch shows calling setup, but I can't change anything
Kathrynhirt

Thank you so much!!! I finally got the notification to go away after days of it popping up every few minutes. Your literally a life saver, and I apparently can reply to texts alot easier now that I got it "set up" so that's a bonus too. Must be a weird bug that when you swipe left to set it up it doesn't do anything and you have to do it manually

0 Likes
muvotx
Contributor - Level 2

??? How do you get message+ to automatically request permissions?  Mine just goes right to the message listing screen?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for providing that information, Bsteffen88. In regards to the message + application there are some things that need to be completed first. Please make sure you are using the latest release and if you are switch your messaging application to the original version that was installed for this option to work normally. We are working on this issue so that our customers can use the application again however at this time we do not have a fix for it.

JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tahoeed, using your 360 Sport is absolutely something that we want for you. BSteffen88 had some great steps to ensure that you are running smoothly again. Please let us know if there are any concerns after following those steps.

LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Tahoeed
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue as Muvotx - the app does not ask me for permissions (all are granted in setup anyway) and I still get the nag message to setup.

0 Likes
DMASSIE33

Ive gotten the notification to stop, but now I can't get message+ to reliably stay connected.  I get no texts and can't send messages any more.  I've checked all the permissions and it appears correct.

0 Likes
Ckeeling

I think I have figured it out... I have been a wreck about this. My texts stopped working a few days after getting the good ole setup message... I've gone thru every setting of my fairly new Moto z force and my Moto 360 watch. Every setting of every app on both watch and phone. I was in my message+ app on my phone and at the top left is 3 horizontal lines (drop down menu). From the menu I scrolled down to settings, scrolled down to click "manage devices" from that menu it listed my Moto 360. It said I could disconnect and reconnect at any time. So I disconnected it. From there I spent nearly an hour trying to figure out how to "reconnect" my watch to my phone. None the less I opened the message+ app on my Moto 360 watch and there was not a single message, completely empty, so I clicked the new message and instantly I received a text on my phone stating it connected and ALL of my texts I hadn't received over the last few days were back and now I'm receiving texts again.

Keep in mind I received the same notification on my watch you all have received that when you swiped to open did nothing, and I also received the same Verizon text I just received, a few days ago. That's when I stopped receiving texts.

So fingers crossed this is the fix.... At least it's working for now

0 Likes
muvotx
Contributor - Level 2

About 2 days ago message+ dis-connected itself from my moto 360 Gen-2 (46mm).  By that I mean completely terminated message+ notifications.  I tried everything to get it to send incoming notifications to the watch and could not get it to sync-up.

I cleared all cache, all data, turned off and then on ALL notifications, disabled and re-enabled message+... Still no  incoming text notifications at all.

I cleared all cache from Android Wear, turned off and then on ALL Android Wear notifications, and once again repeated all the above steps with message+.... still no incoming text notifications at all were making their way to my watch.

I had no choice but to deactivate and terminate everything having to do with message+ (clear cache, clear data, restrict background data, terminate all permissions, force stop and disable).  Its carrier bloatware so unfortunately it can not be completely un-installed without rooting.

I Download and installed Google messenger.  This is the OEM text app that comes with the pixel.  So far, going on 1 week its been awesome.  Very streamlined, compact, and efficient.  PERFECT sync-ing with my moto 360 gen2.  Best of all the voice recognized texting function works MUCH better, faster and more accurate than message+.

0 Likes