My Moto360 watch shows calling setup, but I can't change anything
jctorrance

My Moto 360 watch shows a calling setup screen and asks to swipe left to set up, but when I swipe there are no settings. My only other option is to block the app, but when I do that I don't get text notifications on my watch.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My Moto360 watch shows calling setup, but I can't change anything
bsteffen88
Enthusiast - Level 2

This has worked for me so far (we'll see if it stays fixed).

On your watch, go to applications (swipe left from the main) and open the message+ application.

When that launches, it will request permissions to several things (making texts and calls I believe).

So far this has gotten rid of it for me

View solution in original post

0 Likes
calaroco

I've been having the same problem for about four or five days now. Ever since I received an update to my Note 4, I've been having nothing but problems with my Moto 360. Used to get my calls and texts without any problems - now I get neither. Now I have a watch that dies in a matter of hours because the "Calling Setup" notification won't go away.

I've done factory resets on my watch and reinstalled the Android Wear app and nothing works...

0 Likes
muvotx
Contributor - Level 2

My moto 360 does the same thing.

Anyone know how to get it to stop?

0 Likes
agon024

I believe this is a notification from "Message+". You have to uninstall that from your phone it will not show the notification anymore but a lot of people use this app so this really needs to be fixed.

0 Likes
kevinr_vzw
Verizon Employee

Calaroco, getting any software updates should help improve services on all devices. I'm shocked to hear that you are having troubles. Do you ever get any kind of errors on the cell phone or the watch that you're using? Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
calaroco

KevinR_VZW - I did get a random text from Verizon that said "Your device Moto 360 now has access to your text and calls" around the time my phone updated. That's also when the "Calling Setup" notification started appearing on my watch. Have not received any error messages at all.

My watch and phone are connected and can still do everything else that I was able to do prior to the update except receive phone calls and texts. Any suggests are appreciated.

0 Likes
somethingnew
Enthusiast - Level 2

I get the same message on my Moto 360 and I also got the text "Your device Moto 360 now has access to your text and calls"

This relly needs to be fixed or removed from the app until it gets fixed.  I get this notification several times a day and the only workaround I have found is to block notifications for Message+.

I have a Moto 360 gen 2 and an LG G5 with current software.

0 Likes
bsteffen88
Enthusiast - Level 2

This happened when we all received the patch to Message+ version 6.4.4 near the beginning of Feb.

The only way to stop it is to turn off notifications for the app being pushed to the Android Wear device (moto 360 or other as well).  That then means we cannot receive notifications for sms or other messages from the app. 

As this is the current default messaging app pushed with Verizon OEMs, you can't uninstall it. (though you can disable it and install another sms app.

It is really annoying and a battery drain.

0 Likes
Tahoeed
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ditto. This is happening on my Moto 360 Sport 2 since the new Message+ app push. Fix this please!!!

0 Likes
bsteffen88
Enthusiast - Level 2

This has worked for me so far (we'll see if it stays fixed).

On your watch, go to applications (swipe left from the main) and open the message+ application.

When that launches, it will request permissions to several things (making texts and calls I believe).

So far this has gotten rid of it for me

0 Likes