Moto 360 2 says my device is not compatible with Verizon message
RPMGSXR
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been using Verizon message plus on my Moto 360 2 since I got to watch. I had to replace my phone with another Note 8 and now I cannot load Verizon message plus on my watch as it says the app is not compatible with my device. This is annoying because now I don't receive text messages on my watch which was the biggest benefit of having a smartwatch. I've uninstalled The Watch master reset the watch reinstalled and every time I go back to the Play Store on the watch and try to install Verizon message plus I get the same message which is that the device is not compatible with the app

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Moto 360 2 says my device is not compatible with Verizon message
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello RPMGSXR, thank you for contacting us. We know how irritating it can be when the biggest benefit of having a smartwatch stops working, and we're here to help. We want to make sure we're on the same page. You mentioned that you had Verizon Message + on your Moto 360 2 but then it stopped working when you got a new phone? Have you checked to make sure you have your Note 8 setup for number share?  Do you have the Mote 360 2 activated on your account? 

UbaldoJ_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RPMGSXR
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not sure what number share is?

And you asked if my watch is activated on my account, what account ?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is the Moto 360 a Wi-Fi only model or can it connect to the cellular network?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
RPMGSXR
Enthusiast - Level 2

It uses the phone. It connects to the phone with Bluetooth. It also has

wifi but you do not need to use it. It has always worked until I replaced

my phone. Now it says my device is not compatible when I try to install vzw

message app on the play store on the watch.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question RPMGSXR, and no worries. We will be glad to help address any concerns you have in mind. To clarify, now in regards to the question you had regarding your account. Are you currently already a a Verizon Wireless customer, and if so, are you having any issues with the service in your device?

David_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you have all the information you need regarding the Moto 360. The Moto 360 is a Wi-Fi only model. Does this help clarify?

Jesus_VZW

0 Likes
RPMGSXR
Enthusiast - Level 2

If had this watch working with my phone for over a year. I changed devices

under warranty and now vzw message will not connect. It says device not

compatible.

On Fri, Oct 19, 2018, 7:01 PM vzw_customer_support <

RPMGSXR
Enthusiast - Level 2

I stilll can not load Verizon message to my watch. Can someone please help?

0 Likes
JohnnyGman
Enthusiast - Level 2

That makes 2 of us in this thread, with the exact same equipment.  Not to mention all of the others experiencing this with other equipment.

A simple answer as to why we could load Message+ on our watches before, and now it doesn't even appear in the watch's Play Store, would be a good start!

0 Likes