Re: Mobile IM
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

benjapathic wrote:

I finally just got mine working just now.. for yahoo mobile IM..  at the login screen on the bottom left is an options button.. then preferences .. i clicked to "reset applicaton".. which cleared the history. .user name etc off the phone.. i just had to re-enter my login info.. and it worked right away. not sure if this works the same for AIM or MSN etc. but did the trick for yahoo. Please note you will lose the saved conversations if you have any that were stored on the phone etc.. and any settings you might have changed. Hope this helps :smileyhappy:  Happy New Year!

Thanks for the update and fix you found, ben!  Happy New Year to you , too!

0 Likes
benjapathic

You bet!  You're welcome! Hope that works for anyone else who might have had the same problem. I noticed when logging in now it looks slightly different than it did before too.. interesting lol. Happy New Year!! :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
HSS1971

I Wish Verizon would make Mobile IM available to prepay subscribers.  We who prepay would like to use it too.

It makes absolutely NO sense to restrict Mobile IM to those who prefer the headache of getting a bill every month.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

HSS1971 wrote:

I Wish Verizon would make Mobile IM available to prepay subscribers.  We who prepay would like to use it too.

It makes absolutely NO sense to restrict Mobile IM to those who prefer the headache of getting a bill every month.

you could always use IM forwarding instead

0 Likes
JoeBalls

Yeah, I have the ENV Touch and windows live will NOT sign in using mobile IM. I also can't sign into my windows live hotmail account through the VZW browser. I have to visit the actual hotmail.com site to be able to check my e-mail. A major **bleep**.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

JoeBalls wrote:

Yeah, I have the ENV Touch and windows live will NOT sign in using mobile IM. I also can't sign into my windows live hotmail account through the VZW browser. I have to visit the actual hotmail.com site to be able to check my e-mail. A major **bleep**.

you could always install the mobile email app and check your email throug there

0 Likes
bobbyjams13

I am having a similar problem.

I'm using a palm centro with unlimited text and data plan.

I downloaded Verizon Mobile IM.    I entered my AIM  screen name and password.   Press sign in.   

And nothing happens.   It quicly times out and I get the following message......

You last action was not acknowledged due to device or network problems.  Please retry later.

I called technical support.   Most of the call was the tech trying to sell me a new phone.   Then he said Verizon Mobile IM is not a Verizon product and they don't offer support for outside software.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Anyone have any suggestions

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Subzero

I'm having a problem with mobile IM too. Except I can't long on to any of the programs. (AIM, Yahoo, or MSN) It always comes up with this.

The system was unable to process your order, please call Customer Service, *611. Error code: 206.

The things I've done are to try to fix this is: Reset it and wait for a couple of hours,  retype my log in and password, and wait a whole day to see if it will work.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Subzero wrote:

I'm having a problem with mobile IM too. Except I can't long on to any of the programs. (AIM, Yahoo, or MSN) It always comes up with this.

The system was unable to process your order, please call Customer Service, *611. Error code: 206.

The things I've done are to try to fix this is: Reset it and wait for a couple of hours,  retype my log in and password, and wait a whole day to see if it will work.

Did you try calling *611 from your cell? Or 800-922-0204 from any phone.....

0 Likes
angelraphi

OK I have a Samsung Rogue...i'm always on my Mobil i'm.But the last to nights I keep getting this message when I try to sign in to msn..Saying "problem with network or device" and when I finally do get it to sign in all my contacts are not there...And I refresh and get the same message...Help please...Nothing I am doing works.I've tried resetting it..And now it wont even sign in...IM so irritated at it

0 Likes