Mobile Email - long delay
IzzysMom

Got an EnV Touch about a month ago - and I added Mobile Email to my plan along with a few other things.  I set up my Gmail account with no problem...except that it frequently takes HOURS for the "new email message" alert to reach my phone.  (sometimes I dont get ANY message)

I have seen a number of posts regarding problems with Gmail - but none that actually mention this DELAY issue. In the past I had this gmail account set up to forward emails to mynumber @ vtext.com to receive a text message when I had new emails - that has always been instantaneous.  When I got the mobile email I deleted this to save on the # of texts I was burning....but not if it's going to take hours to get a single email. 

I'm not sure how long VZW "checks" my gmail inbox for new messages.  (Sometimes I get an alert HOURS after I've READ an email online) So I'm thinking the alert is sitting out there in cyberhell somewhere and it's just taking a long time to find it's way to my handset...

Any ideas / suggestions ?? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Mobile Email - long delay
groovieknave
Enthusiast - Level 3

Unfortunately the mobile email alert isn't all that spectacular, I've had the same problems, and I think it's just because the application isn't working properly. But it could be a signal issue, do you have low signal? I also have low signal so we could have that problem. If not I have to blame the application and it's ability to communicate between email providers.

0 Likes