Mobile Email: can't set up "other" account
kiteboarder

On my previous phone, the Samsung Rogue, I was able to set up mobile email for an "other" POP account by entering the incoming and outgoing server information. The same exact settings do not work on the LG Cosmos Touch. It will also not allow me to change the port number for the incoming server (which I think is the problem).

I have tried several times and double-checked all the info. The only issue seems to be that the port number is 143 instead of the 110 that it should be. The activation always fails and the error number is 4002.

Any ideas on getting this to work?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Mobile Email: can't set up "other" account
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

I have referred to the User's Manual for the Cosmos, and I have found the steps for Mobile Email. 

First, download the Mobile email application from the Media Center. Once it is successfully downloaded, please follow these steps to set up email. 

1. From standby mode, press[MENU] and then Messaging (2).

2. Press (6) Mobile Email. NOTE Press 7 if Inbox View is set to Time.

3. Accept the terms of service.

4. Highlight an email provider and press OK.

5. Enter your email address and password.

I hope this information is helpful. Have a great day!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Who is your email provider????

0 Likes
kiteboarder

It's my own domain, hosted by Network Solutions.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Here is what I found.....  link.

143 is if you are using IMAP....

Also be sure SSL is checked marked;

0 Likes
kiteboarder

Well, like I said, it's a POP account, not IMAP. Normally SSL doesn't work with POP. Also, I believe the port should be 110, however, I can only delete the numbers, it won't let me type in 110.

Any other suggestions out there?

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I would delete the account and start over... and yes SSL is required for most mobile mail setups, especially for sending.....

0 Likes
kiteboarder

Hey, I appreciate you trying to help, but I've tried re-setting up the account multiple times with all the possible configurations for both POP and IMAP with SSL checked and unchecked. I am very familiar with the Network Solutions settings as this email works perfectly on my computer and had worked perfectly on my previous phone. I'm pretty software proficient, so my posting here is really a last resort.

So, I guess I'm asking -- anyone have any luck setting up an "other" account on the LG Cosmos in Mobile Email? Anyone have any luck with being able to change the number in "port" when configuring the account manually?

Anyone know what either error codes 4002 or 3005 are?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Dave1215

I'm in the same boat.  They've got the IMAP ports set for the POP setting, and the POP ports set for the IMAP setting.  And they won't let you edit any of them.  I'm guessing over the air update will be the fix when some figures out the mistake.

0 Likes
GSutt

Hello:

I have the same LG Cosmos Touch and have the same problem and have been told by the "other" account the IMAP and POP ports are definitely reversed: months after your post, is there a solution to this?

Silver lining for me: after trying 10 times to set up account and getting errors, glad to know its not just me!

cheers,

0 Likes
nlevitin

I can't beleive it.  I just got the LG Cosmos for my son and they still haven't fixed the reverse POP and IMAP port settings!

0 Likes