Messages say sent but not delivered
Lhoffman1011
Enthusiast - Level 1

Many of my messages are saying they are sent, but not delivered.  One message in a conversation will say delivered and the next will remain at sent.  I've checked back hours later and even the next day and it still only says sent.

I have a Samsung S10+, messages are from verizon to verizon. I use the message+ app.

I have checked for app updates, tried restarting the phone, force stopped the app, and cleared cache. None of this has worked.

Re: Messages say sent but not delivered
Syd-Lexic
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having the same problem. Local Verizon to Verizon people that always said delivered now just say sent. Started a week or two ago. Please acknowledge.

Tags (3)
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Syd-Lexic, it's important to know when your messages are delivered. We're here to help. What is the make and model of your phone? Which messaging application are you using? Does the problem persist when contacting non-VZW users?

ChakiaH_VZW

0 Likes
Syd-Lexic
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a Samsung S7 Edge on Android 8.0.0. I am using Message+ 6.9.11. 

The problem started a couple of weeks ago. Messages say Sent instead of Delivered to VZW users, even the users on my own company plan. The messages ARE being delivered because the person responds. But it's important to know they are being delivered at the time I am sending them.

This does not apply to sending to non-VZW users because they never said Delivered. The system is not capable of that. But all of my important recipients are on VZW. Thank you.

0 Likes
UpstateWinds
Contributor - Level 1

I have also noticed the same thing, messages saying sent, but not delivered. Also VZW to VZW, both using message plus. also started a couple weeks ago. Every once and a while it will say delivered, but not often.

Motorola Z3 on the Verizon network.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear about the issues with Verizon Message+, Syd-Lexic. I know it's confusing that you aren't getting the proper indication about the delivery of your messages and we're happy to help. Have you tried resetting the app? If not, here's how to do so: http://spr.ly/66051db8B Is the operating system on your phone up to date? Here's more on how to update: http://spr.ly/66061db88

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
Syd-Lexic
Enthusiast - Level 3

Since the problem started at the same time for many users, basic tenets of troubleshooting tell me that this is system-related rather than client or device-related. I had already mentioned that I am on Android 8.0.0, which is the latest. The model-specific update status is G935VVRUACSH1, applied 10/19/19, well before the problem started.

I would rather not clear data because I often need to refer back to old messages. If you can guarantee me the old messages can be restored, I will clear the data.

New information: I have not seen it happen on MMS messages, only SMS. And occasionally SMS does show Delivered (as user UpstateWinds reported), but not often.

I would prefer you research or run this up the line to find out what changes have been made on the Verizon end and whether they could be causing the problem. Then either report the bug or give me a workaround, or a timeframe in which it will be corrected. Thanks.

Syd-Lexic
Enthusiast - Level 3

PS - The OP Lhoffman1011 has already tried your suggestions and they did not solve the problem.

0 Likes
Lhoffman1011
Enthusiast - Level 1

Syd-Lexic, any improvement on your end? None on mine. Continues to be very inconsistent.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand this feature is important for you, Syd-Lexic. We certainly don't want you to lose any of your important messages. I want to confirm some settings on your device. With the Messages + application open, please tap Menu (Three lines top left) > Settings > Conversation > and confirm that "Request Receipt" is enabled. Keep me posted on your progress.

GersonG_VZW

0 Likes