Messages not syncing across all devices
emmbro
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have Message+ installed on 2 Android devices and I also use the web service. My messages are not syncing between the mobile devices and the web. It sync's between the 2 Android devices with no problem. What do I need to correct on the web to get it to sync correctly with my mobile devices?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Messages not syncing across all devices
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
emmbro,

Verizon Messages is a great way to get all your messages to sync for you. We want to make sure the website is working too for you. Let's take a look into this. What specifically is happening online? Are the messages not showing at all or is there a delay? When logging into the site, are you using the same mobile number that you set up with Verizon Messages? Here is a quick link that lets you get right to the Verizon Messages online: http://vz.to/1FEK9JB. Please keep us posted.

NicoleB_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
emmbro
Enthusiast - Level 2

Incoming messages appear in both locations. Outgoing messages that are sent from either Android device appear on the webpage. However, messages sent from the webpage do not sync to the devices. Messages read and replied to from the devices do not get marked as read on the webpage. I logged in today and online said 130+ unread messages, which is incorrect. All messages were up to date.

And yes, I am using the same number across all devices.

0 Likes
emmbro
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a correction. It's not syncing between any device. What's on my phone does not match what's on my tablet and does not match what's showing on the webpage. All are signed in with the same number

emmbro
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, I was wondering if you've figured anything out with this? As a test, I've uninstalled the application from my tablet and reinstalled it. After going through the setup process, I am still having the same issue. Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

emmbro,

Thank you for all the additional details here. This certainly wants to be tricky! Are all the devices connected to wifi and data at all times? This ensures the messages can keep coming through even if you aren't using the tablet at the moment, its still connected to get the messages. If you manually try to sync messages, do they sync correctly for you then?

NicoleB_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
emmbro
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes. All devices are connected to some form of data connection at all times.

If it helps, this started when I had an interruption in my services. Once the services were restored (it was only interrupted for a very brief time) is when started having this problem.

0 Likes
emmbro
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was wondering if you've made any progress on this. This is still a problem and is very annoying. Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello emmbro!

I can understand your feelings about the tablet not syncing with Messages +. As you've taken the right steps so far, I would recommend you contact our Tech Support in Customer Service at 800-922-0204 to see what can be done further. I am sure we can find a solution to this problem. Thanks for hanging in there with us and taking all these steps.

LauraD_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes