Messages not sending when off wifi

I downloaded the desktop Messaging app for my new HP Laptop with 4th gen I7 processor. I also downloaded the messaging app on my LG G2 Phone. All works great when I am at home on wifi. But when I leave the house I am finding that my messages don't send about 70 to 80 percent of the time. The ones that do get sent I think are being sent when my phone might be connecting to other wifi areas. I noticed the other day that I went to send a text a block away from my home. I message came up that said f the message is sent Global Data would be charged, or something like this. Where I live it always says I am in "voice roaming" BUT I never encounter roaming charges. So the mention about Global Messaging being used made no sense to me. I didn't okay the use of Global Roaming being used, I just left it alone and noticed that as soon as I came within my home wifi area the message was sent just as easy as could be. I figured there must be a setting that is selected that must say something like " don't send messages unless connected to wifi". But I have not been able to find this setting. So what the heck is going on to cause me to want to throw a $1500 laptop and my phone out the window of my truck? Thanks for the ehlp in advance.

Kevin

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Messages not sending when off wifi

Leader

Wait...are you having trouble with sending from your phone or your computer?

0 Likes
Highlighted

I am having issues sending from my phone. It will just show "sending" until I get within range of my home network or a network that doesn't require logging onto, and then it will show "sent" right away. The other day I was a block away from my home and a message came up saying something to the affect that "global texting rates" would apply. I didn't accept the charges, and when I got  within range of my home network it switched to "sent" right away. What is going on?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Leader

The reason that I asked is because the Messages+ app on the phone does not need Wi-Fi to send and receive messages. It goes by the mobile network. I would visit a corporate store and have someone look at it. I can't troubleshoot without seeing the device.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Yeah I know how the app is suppose to work. I have deleted it and reinstalled it on both devices and no difference. The nearest corporate store is almost an hour away, next time I am down that way I will stop by.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

This is very strange, NCHorne! Let's take a closer look and see what is going on. Maybe we can save you a trip to the store. What zip code are you in when you have this issue? have you tried sending a text off WiFi with your stock application to see if this works? When did this issue begin? Is your phone Software and application up to date http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/lg-g2-update/ ?

JorgeO_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

OK, yesterday I turned off the wifi at the house and tried to send a text to myself. Three simple words, hit the send icon and it just sits there saying "sending" it took over 20 min to for it to send the text message. I turn the wifi back on and it sends them very quick. I have uninstalled and re installed the apps with the same results. Others can't be having this issue or nobody would use this app. I think I may have to use a 3rd party app, because I am getting nowhere with this issue. I do appreciate the help though.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

NCHornet,

You've come to the right place for help! Let's get your text messages going through quicker.

Does this only happen when using Messaging +? When connected to WiFi is Cellular data enabled? If you uninstall Messaging + from your G2 and send a text message using the standard messaging app are the messages sent quickly or are they delayed as well? What's the software verison on your phone http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-87449/?

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Covid19