Messages not sending until phone is restarted
xAchick

I am using the Message+ App and there are times that my messages won't send. Then when I restart my phone (I do once a week), the messages are sent which causes confusion among all parties as the conversations are no longer making sense. I then have to explain that I restarted my phone and it finally sent messages from days ago. Anyone else have this issue or know of a fix? It's pretty annoying.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Messages not sending until phone is restarted
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

If you have messages you'd like to save, I'd suggest backing them up to your cloud. Then I would go into application manager, clear cache, clear data, force stop and restart.

Are you experiencing any other issues with your service or only text message? Sounds like it happens pretty regularly and to multiple parties? The folks it happens to, are their phones on 24/7, they never disable their data or shut off their phone?

0 Likes
xAchick

I've cleared my cache. Keep my threads pretty clear as well and forced stopped recently. The only other issue I have with the app is that it sometimes does not save the pictures in the pictures shared area. It will send the pictures once but it's really difficult to find the picture once more as it's not in the subfolder it should be.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Again, cache, data, force stop, restart. Cache and force stop is good, but best to do all 3 and in that order. If you want to try that just back up messages to your cloud first and make sure they worked. If you can find out about your friends phone habits let us know. If their phone is off when you send a message it could delayed as it will be marked as sending until their phone is powered back on and they actually get it. Are they primarily SMS or MMS messages?

What phone are you using?

0 Likes
xAchick

I am using the Sony Z3V and their phones are on. I can actually send other messages around the message that gets stuck in "limbo" [for lack of better words]. And all of the issues have been with SMS. No issues with MMS except that sometimes it won't send it as an actual picture and add it to the picture subfolder that Message+ has to make things more organized and easier to find.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Other than doing what I mentioned previously you can check and make sure you have the latest upgrade for the app. You could also cycle airplane mode on and off or power down, remove your sim card, reinstall to acquire the network again to make sure you've got a solid connection.

0 Likes
xAchick

I did the cache, data, force stop, restart. We will see what happens. I just restarted today, so it will be a few days before I start to notice anything again. Thanks

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

It doesn't hurt to also cycle airplane mode to make sure you're connected to the closest towers. Let us know.

0 Likes
Snayte

Just had this happen to both my phone and my wife's.  7 years later if this the same bug? 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes