Re: Messages+ is violating Do Not Disturb hours
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Has everybody experiencing this 'bug' gone into their app settings and sent a 'Report a Bug' to the Developers?  Maybe if they get enough of these, they'll get the 'message'...

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us regarding your concern. We know it can bring frustration and it's vital we look into this to the best of our ability for you. To start, can we have you verify the last time you've tried to install and then download the application was?

AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dougpara
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is a long standing bug in Message+.  I experience this as well.  It happened on my S8 and is now happening on my brand new S10.  It doesnt' matter the version of Android or Message+.

VERIZON - It is simple to recreate the issue:

1. Get a Samsung Galazy S8, S9, or S10.  Install all updates.  I believe you can get one of these from your own store.

2. Install the latest version of Message+ (or update to it).  Set Message+ to be your default messaging app. 

I am running a brand new S10 with all updates and Message+ version 6.7.12.

3.  Then set your phone to Vibrate (not silent).

4.  Then setup Do Not Disturb in the phone settings.  I have a schedule that runs every night from 11PM to 8AM.  Wait for it to come on or manually turn it on.

5.  With Do Not Disturb turned ON, and the phone screen off, send yourself a text from another phone (any phone - doesn't matter if it is a favorite or not). 

You will see that the phone Vibrates if Message+ is your default messaging application.  Bottom line is that Message+ ignores the Do Not Disturb setting on the phone that every other app works perfectly with. 

PLEASE fix this.  It has been this way for a LONG time. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dougpara,

Having ongoing issues with an application that you use the most to stay connected is quite frustrating. This is not the type of experience we want you to have using your mobile device. I want to do everything possible to make sure that we resolve the Message+ and you can return to enjoying the service again.

Thanks for confirming the issue occurs across various Android mobile devices, no matter the Message+ version that is installed. I personally use an iPhone 8 and a Galaxy S7 device. I attempted to duplicate the Message+ issue and was not able to on either phone. 

Jav6 provided the next best step to report the bug. Please go into Message+ Settings and select Report Bugs. The feedback goes directly to the software developer to be addressed: https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/113418?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en 

Does this information provide clarity?

GinaU_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dbrncos20015

I'm having the same issue with my Note9.  Message + ignores DND settings and vibrates through.  When I change to another app such as Google messages it works as it should.  When will this be fixed?  I would prefer to use Verizon Message+

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We do not want you to be disturbed during the hours you set dbrncos20015. We want you to be able to use any messaging application with no issues. I would love to help figure this out. When did all of this start? Has it always been this way? AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
Luckyshot11

I've begun having this sisue on my Pixel 2 as well.  Messnger+ Version 6.8.3  I have reported the bug.  Will be using another chat program until this is fixed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

How long has this been happening for, Luckyshot11? Also, have you performed any troubleshooting steps since this started to happen? AnthonyM_VZW

0 Likes
Svrewvzw
Enthusiast - Level 1

mess vzw, I am tired of being woken up. They are incompetent and too stupid to fix the bug. Just switch to a different app. 

pcp1347

I have been having the same issue for about 3 weeks now.  Message+ and Do Not Disturb worked fine together for me on my S7 prior to that.  And I use DND routinely through the daytime and well as all night.  The Message+ version is 6.8.5 and my system is fully updated to G930VVRS9CSC1 (which was applied April 2, 2019).

0 Likes