Messages+ is violating Do Not Disturb hours
CptnRon

Messages+  notifies me of text messages during the Do Not Disturb hours on my S8+. If I use other messaging apps, I don't have this problem. I like Messages+ because of the computer app, but this is unacceptable. Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Messages+ is violating Do Not Disturb hours
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CptnRon, 

Being able to control when your device gives notifications is everything, so we apologize for any trouble you're having with Message+ not abiding by your Do Not Disturb rules. So that we can provide the best help possible, we'll need to know some additional information. When did you begin having this trouble? What version Message+ do you have installed? Check by going to Menu(three lines upper left corner) > Settings and view the version number displayed in the bottom-center of the screen.

ShawnteJ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SlowBusa

same problem here.   I found that if I switch to the native samsung messaging app as my default, the do not disturb function works fine.  as soon as I switch back to messages+, my notifications are not longer muted.  It's always done it, even prior to Android 8.0.

I'm running messages version 6.6.5

0 Likes
hulberts8908
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been having this problem as well since the newest Android upgrade on Aug 2nd (G930vvrs4crg2) and June 11 (g930vvru4cre5). I run the latest version of Message+ (Version 6.6.7). Sometimes it works correctly, other times it does not. It will still pop up over the status bar, sometimes it will make an alert sound,  sometimes it won't. Sometimes it let's through my favorite people, other times it doesn't.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hulberts8908 we want your text messaging to work correctly for you. Text messaging is how we communicate. Let's make sure that we fix this issue. So that we can look into this further, I have sent you a Private Message.

Rosanne_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
iRenegade
Enthusiast - Level 2

No Answer?  I just got woken up at 3:30am despite "Do Not Disturb" !

Messages+ Version 6.6.7

HTC 10

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, iRenegade. I understand you asked earlier about pop-ups, and we responded, so I am sorry you were awoken in the middle of the night and you are referring to the original post regarding the Message+ app not responding to "do not disturb." Please make certain you have the updated version of the app, and and then disable notifications from the app. As mentioned above, there is no option to set priority to which messages should or should not be blocked by "do not disturb" and you may only choose to enable or disable notifications to ensure you won't be disturbed at all hours. If this information was not useful, please tell us what other information we can get for you, so we know what else we didn't cover. I hope this helps.

Tina_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
iRenegade
Enthusiast - Level 2

Totally redundant and useless response. Unacceptable.  There is no excuse for a company like VZW not to have competent software personnel to fix this long standing problem. Other apps updated why not Verizon?

JOSMAR21
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having this problem as well. Do not disturb is set and all notifications are coming through from Messages+. Including a string of 20 texts at 8 in the morning. Am I to understand from post 6 that there is no way Messages+ will follow the rules set by do not disturb? Going to bed and waking up every morning and messing with notification settings is not a fix.

GREGCOHEN
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue   Furious with Verizon for not fixing this after the problem was identified in this forum months ago.   The response from rhe tech is totally unacceptable.   Wish the senior management in charge at Verizon had their sleep disturbed.   Then they'd fix the problem.   Been a Verizon wireless customer for decades and the inadequate response to this issue marks the first time I seriously wish I had a different carrier.