Messages getting reordered in the Verizon Messaging app
jayohdee
Enthusiast - Level 1

My text messages are getting reordered within the Verizon Messages app.  For example, I'll send a text message, and someone will reply, which will display correctly.  Then when I send another text, the other person's reply will get moved above my original text.  It seems to happen if the texts occur within the same minute.

Labels (1)
Re: Messages getting reordered in the Verizon Messaging app
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jayohdee,

Let's get these messages all straightened out. Are these issues happening when you are in the application on the device or in the application for the computer? If it is on the device do you have long threads? If so, we encourage you to delete some of the threads and power cycle your device. Keep us posted.

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SuperFreakMe
Enthusiast - Level 3

Jayohdee, Did deleting the old conversations work for you? This just started happening to me in Verizon Messaging as well, and I noticed that the date of my sent messages AND received messages was off, like yday was the 25th of Dec. My messages back to everyone says 12/12/2014... instead of 13/25/2014... I checked my phone's clock and date and it is all correct, but what you explained above is still happening to my messages.

Thanks so much.

Pamela

0 Likes
SuperFreakMe
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just an update: This happened to me right after an OTA upgrade on my Galaxy S5 recently and I did what the above V. Rep said to do, but I also went back to the basics in the app, no custom background or anything, so now it is working again perfectly.

0 Likes