Messages+ Windows 10 Desktop App Install (Solved)
eduarte11
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think it got harder to install now. I ended up using an app backup program to pack the app and turn it into a install file.  Hope this helps.  

If the link above doesn't work copy and paste this below. 

Below is a snip of the instructions. 

Install Snip.PNG

Re: Messages+ Windows 10 Desktop App Install (Solved)
eduarte11
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did test this on a new laptop that never had Messages+ installed and it works great. 

0 Likes
letti001
Contributor - Level 1

Works! Thank you. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are very happy to hear this. Have we been able to address all your questions and issues?

0 Likes
karenguido
Enthusiast - Level 1

Awesome! this worked!

0 Likes
chazzneh

hello-

My install worked on the first laptop but failed on the second laptop.  The install would hang at 38% and go no further.  Can you provide any clues like what dependency the install file might be looking for ?

Regards

Chazzneh

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@chazzneh wrote:

hello-

My install worked on the first laptop but failed on the second laptop.  The install would hang at 38% and go no further.  Can you provide any clues like what dependency the install file might be looking for ?

Regards

Chazzneh

The Verizon Message+ desktop app for Win10 has been removed from the Microsoft/Windows Store and the Verizon recommendation to date is to use the web/browser version at https://web.vma.verizon.com .  They stated that the last released desktop app for Message+ v3.0.x would still work but is not supported for troubleshooting or updates. There was no install file for that version that could be saved and shared.  No information has been provided as far as I know on ANY new/updated Windows version.

As for the former Message+ Win10 desktop apps, v1.0.17.0 and v2.0.2.0, they have been disabled in the messaging server and (probably) won't work.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes