Messages - Restored
TAZLUV_4
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently restored messages from my cloud however, some of the messages and photos that were backed up did not restore. can some one please tell me how i can retrieve these and get them back on my phone? They were never deleted and my cloud backup is done nightly. I need some assistance on this please.

Labels (1)
Re: Messages - Restored
adamg_vzw
Verizon Employee

TAZLUV_4,

We definitely want you to have all your saved content, especially your messages. Have you noticed any pattern in messages that were not backed up? Do they come from specific contacts? Are they recent messages, old messages or a mixture?

AdamG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
TAZLUV_4
Enthusiast - Level 2

They seem to be a mix of older messages and newer ones. Some of them had pictures in them and some of them didnt. They were mainly from specific contacts that i can see at this point. I havent backed any recent messages up at this point until i can figure out what happened. I dont understand why it happened. The weird thing was the day it happened my phone restarted on its own and then when it came back up everything in my inbox was gone so I went to restore messages from my cloud and thats when i noticed there was content missing, that i never deleted.

0 Likes
tionnab_vzw
Verizon Employee

TAZLUV_4, I am sorry to learn that you are having trouble with the information deleted. Have you checked the trash can online? When you log into the Cloud, hover over settings, and click trash.

TionnaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TAZLUV_4
Enthusiast - Level 2

No I haven't checked that. I will though but why would they go there if they weren't deleted to begin with??? I will see if they are there can they be restored?

0 Likes
TAZLUV_4
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did check the trash today and the only thing in there was a few contacts that i dont know how they got there. but no messages. I am still trying to figure out what happened to those.

thank you

0 Likes
stever_vzw
Verizon Employee

TAZLUV_4, we appreciate all of your efforts and certainly want to get to the bottom of what occurred to the information from the device and I'm happy to continue helping.

Just for clarification, what is the make/model of your phone? Are you restoring contacts from a previous device to a new phone?

SteveR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TAZLUV_4
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone is the galaxy s7 edge. No i am not restoring from a  previous phone.  My phone acted up one day and restarted. the cloud backed up the night before. however when i went to restore my messages from my cloud a ton of my messages were missing. important ones that contained pictures of my newborn niece and nephew, along with some other messages that were previously backed up to the cloud.  I checked the trash and there is nothing there and i have not had my messages back up since this has happened. Im really lost on what to do.

0 Likes
TAZLUV_4
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does anyone have any other suggestions on what to do? I have not backed up any messages or anything other than contacts since this has happened because I am afraid of losing more important information like i have already lost. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

0 Likes
TAZLUV_4
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone is the galaxy s7 edge. No i am not restoring from a  previous phone.  My phone acted up one day and restarted. the cloud backed up the night before. however when i went to restore my messages from my cloud a ton of my messages were missing. important ones that contained pictures of my newborn niece and nephew, along with some other messages that were previously backed up to the cloud.  I checked the trash and there is nothing there and i have not had my messages back up since this has happened. Im really lost on what to do.

0 Likes