Message+
shebu78
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since last update about one week ago Message+ plays my selected notification sound for Message+ but also plays my General notification sound. How do I get it to stop playing the General Notification sound?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Message+
shebu78
Enthusiast - Level 2
I have Notifications:  Allowed,   Under Categories I have checked:  New Messages, Failed Messages, and Reminder Driving Mode.  I would also let you know that when I receive a phone call now I do get the ringtone I chose but also am getting my General Notification sound now as well.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

wrote:

Since last update about one week ago Message+ plays my selected notification sound for Message+ but also plays my General notification sound. How do I get it to stop playing the General Notification sound?

What make/model device are you seeing this issue on?  Does it happen when your device is idle or when you are in a call or a conversation?  Does it happen on messages from ALL contacts or maybe only contacts that you have customized the notification for?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
shebu78
Enthusiast - Level 2

It happens on all messages whether contact or not.  I have a Samsung Galaxy S9.  In my Message+ App under Customize, Notifications I have set my Alert to play a sound and under Sound have selected the sound I want.  This does work when a message is received.  However, the Problem is that it also plays the sound I have selected under General Settings, Notification Sound.  This is the notification sound that started to play after this last system update a week ago which I want to stop. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congrats on your recent update! We're sorry to hear that since your recent update, approximately a week ago, that Message + plays your selected notification sound for Message + but that it also plays your general notification sound. We'd be more than glad to assist you with troubleshooting to stop the general notification sound from playing. Updates are intended to enhance devices and apps' performance, not cause its user to be inconvenienced. I apologize. To be sure we're on the right path to help you here, I see one of our community members is working to assist you as well. Are you referring to a recent update of the Verizon Message + app, your mobile phone's software update, or both? I use Verizon Message + too! I also noted your reference to accessing the Customize/Notifications (importance, tones, vibrations, etc.) option from the Verizon Message + app's menu selection. There's also an option to "Reset to default." Have you explored this option too? - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
shebu78
Enthusiast - Level 2

Robert, thanks for responding.  In answer to your questions

1)  I guess I am referring to recent update of both Verizon Message+app AND mobile phone software update.  Actually I didn't know there was a separate update for the Verizon Message+ app.

2) I have Reset to default from the Customize/Notifications option.  I continue to get my chosen Message+notification sound as well as my General notification sound.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

shebu78, when you go into Settings>Apps>Message+>Notifications and view the different notification app categories, which notification options are showing on?

EbonyR_VZW

0 Likes
shebu78
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have on:  new messages, failed messages, reminder driving mode

0 Likes
shebu78
Enthusiast - Level 2
I have Notifications:  Allowed,   Under Categories I have checked:  New Messages, Failed Messages, and Reminder Driving Mode.  I would also let you know that when I receive a phone call now I do get the ringtone I chose but also am getting my General Notification sound now as well.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

shebu78, thank you for this information. What happens if you delete the application then install it again? Please test and provide your results. 

KevinM_VZW

0 Likes
shebu78
Enthusiast - Level 2

Before deleting and reinstalling, I want to be sure I'm not going to lose all my text messages.

0 Likes