Message + will not activate
NDboots
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the same problem with a Kyocera Duraforce Pro 2 that I got phone as a gift. I like it but I want to use Messages+ as I use text the most for the very poor Verizon service in the Medina, ND area, even through there are two available towers in the area that they could use to boost the signal in this area.  Most businesses in the city, if you go inside a building your 1 bar of service disappears! 

I moved my simm card from a Samsung Galaxy S9 to this Kyocera Duraforce Pro 2 phone.   It will send messages.  But it will not activate with Messages+,  it will not sync with my other devices either because it will not activate.  I did numerous things to try that I found in the Verizon Chat area to fix the problem, including a system restore.  Nothing works.  Then I found this from Kyocera:   https://kyoceramobile.com/duraforce-pro-2/DuraForce-PRO-2-verizon-MMS-Resolution.pdf  So, I spent SEVERAL HOURS yesterday with both Chat Tech and, then listening to music that nearly drained my landline phone battery,  after first phone tech was passed on to  a Tier 2 Tech.  They installed the feature called “CDMA-less Device Provisioning” which has feature code: 83856. Then it started to receive some of my text, but not all.  But message+ still won't activate, still will not sync with any of my devices.  I login in to Message+ Web and my phone still does not show up on the device list there.  The last Tech had me download old messages to my phone by the cloud, and he said he would call back in a half hour then the download would be complete, and he never did.  So, all those hours that did not solve the problem.   

Message+ does not uninstall on this phone either.  You can update to next version, and uninstall the update.  So, I hooked up the phone to my PC as I have the software MobileGo.  On it.  I thought I would try to use that to remove Messages+ so I could reinstall it.  Well, I found out as factory default, Messages+ is loading in the the root section of this phone, as part of "System Apps".  Instead of the regular app section of the phone.  That explains why this App will not uninstall on this phone.  My MobileGo can root the phone but advised me not to do it so as not to void the phone warranty.  So, I just did not tamper with doing so, as I have never rooted a phone either.  So, left it be. 

But, the problem still is, Verizon techs said they installed the feature called “CDMA-less Device Provisioning” which has feature code: 83856.  And the app for Message+ still does not activate, does not sync with my other devices, sends and receives text sporadically and this phone does not show up on any of the Device lists, not even of the Message+ web.  I am frustrated!  I want to re-enter my sec camera apps, and other apps I use, which were all working.  But afraid that Verizon may want me to system restore again.  I NEED MESSAGE+ TO WORK PROPERLY!  HELP!

0 Likes
Re: Message + will not activate
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear that you are still having issues with your Message + app. We are happy to look into this, so we can a find a resolution to your issue. Can you please send us a Private Message, so we can review? 

0 Likes
Re: Message + will not activate
NDboots
Enthusiast - Level 3

So, how do I send a private message?  I see no option to make private after clicking the reply button. 

0 Likes