Re: Message+ taken from me with no replacement
Pete_Mc
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm coming into this discussion late, so what is the final word?

Is VZW dropping Messages+ Desktop, or are they still working on a replacement? And it's been a while now, so I'm guessing there should be a *rough* ETA. (This quarter, next quarter, etc.)

And Messages+ Desktop was a VERY dated program; I was always surprised they didn't have more updates. But if they are dropping it, please let us know. And if so, then Messages+ on the phone should also be replaced with a Messaging App that is compatible with a Desktop App.

I really don't think people will care if it is not "Messages+" they're using, but those that are still using Messages+ will want VZW to supply an equal or better alternative. (It one more thing on the Pro/Con list when you come up on renewing your phone with VZW...)

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Pete_Mc wrote:

I'm coming into this discussion late, so what is the final word?

Is VZW dropping Messages+ Desktop, or are they still working on a replacement? And it's been a while now, so I'm guessing there should be a *rough* ETA. (This quarter, next quarter, etc.)

And Messages+ Desktop was a VERY dated program; I was always surprised they didn't have more updates. But if they are dropping it, please let us know. And if so, then Messages+ on the phone should also be replaced with a Messaging App that is compatible with a Desktop App.

I really don't think people will care if it is not "Messages+" they're using, but those that are still using Messages+ will want VZW to supply an equal or better alternative. (It one more thing on the Pro/Con list when you come up on renewing your phone with VZW...)

VZW does recommend using the web messaging service from their website https://web.vma.vzw.com/vma/web2/Message.do while the desktop app of Message+ is 'being fixed'.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
kadidllehopper
Enthusiast - Level 3

Using a session limited website that forces me to sign in every few minutes, disrupts my work flow with popups warning me that my session is about to expire is nothing more than a vector for intrusive ads and constant bot popups to "chat with us".  That is not a usable solution by any stretch of the imagination.  Verizon has been silent on this app for years so one is left to assume that they would rather we bog off.  We are not valued customers but merely sheep to be fleeced and plowed.  We are to **Bleep** and accept whatever crumbs Verizon throws at us and we better be happy and thankful.  I'd go to another provider but all US providers are truly terrible.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
kadidllehopper
Enthusiast - Level 3

The app works just fine on windows 10, in all its flavours so I would ask that Verizon reps stop parroting that particular line of odious misinformation.  The app will generate a popup on install telling you that the it will be discontinued.  That's why I started this post.  I had to reinstall the app and I found that Verizon had not only moved the cheese, they buried it in the Marianas Trench.  Given how responsive Verizon has been on this issue I wouldn't worry too much.  It may be decades before they do something and the app is shut off.  The problem is getting an installable copy of the app.  Verizon has taken pains to hide it from the users that need it.  Thank You Verizon! 

PS:  Forcing me to get an app from a Microsoft Store is a non-starter.  In my case the useless store is blocked by IT policy just like it is on the Windows based workstations Verizon reps use every day at their offices.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@kadidllehopper wrote:

The app works just fine on windows 10, in all its flavours so I would ask that Verizon reps stop parroting that particular line of odious misinformation.  The app will generate a popup on install telling you that the it will be discontinued.  That's why I started this post.  I had to reinstall the app and I found that Verizon had not only moved the cheese, they buried it in the Marianas Trench.  Given how responsive Verizon has been on this issue I wouldn't worry too much.  It may be decades before they do something and the app is shut off.  The problem is getting an installable copy of the app.  Verizon has taken pains to hide it from the users that need it.  Thank You Verizon! 

PS:  Forcing me to get an app from a Microsoft Store is a non-starter.  In my case the useless store is blocked by IT policy just like it is on the Windows based workstations Verizon reps use every day at their offices.

Do you still need a desktop app that works?  Are you able to get an .exe file from a Dropbox location?  I could also do a file transfer possibly using WebEx, FTP site or something like that.  I have the desktop Message+ v1.0.17.0 .exe file available.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
kadidllehopper
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did find an old copy of the app and posted it on our company's file server.  I had the app on a public site but I was sent a DACA takedown notice.  Thanks for the offer

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Pete_mc,

We want to amke sure everyone has the latest details about Message+ and Windows 10. The available devices and OS for Message+ are listed in question 5 under "General Information" at this FAQ: http://spr.ly/6602GXtbj

You will see that Windows 10 is included, but certain features may not be supported. I hope this information helps.

ColinH_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kadidllehopper, no sheep or fleecing here. We understand that there have been changes with Messages + and that these changes may not benefit all users and all operating systems. At this time, Messages + may be downloaded by visiting https://www.verizon.com/solutions-and-services/apps/verizon-messages/.  LorenB_VZW If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

0 Likes
kadidllehopper
Enthusiast - Level 3

The FAQ has been there for ages and once again Verizon is trying to distract from the issue I've presented months ago.  Let me reiterate is one short sentence.   

WHERE is the replacement app for Message+?   

STAY on topic! 

Forcing me to use your website is not a palatable nor usable option for me.  The crapsite has session limits and times out quickly and invasively.  I want the message+  tiny little app instead of your badly designed page and advertising vector.  It might look good on a phone and your marketing goobers might be high fiving themselves for finding yet another way to show me verizon ads but it's hideous on a computer screen.  Given your distasteful privacy policy I'm loath to use anything Verizon offers that is web based.

0 Likes
kadidllehopper
Enthusiast - Level 3

The link you provided again brings me to a web page viewer.  There is no windows download!  Repeatedly sending me to the same webpage based option is not a solution no matter how many times it's repeated by Verizon.

Baaa, I'm cold

0 Likes