Message+ taken from me with no replacement
kadidllehopper
Enthusiast - Level 3

I got a text from Verizon Friday telling me that Message+ is being taken away from me.  I use windows 7 and windows 10 at work.  The Microsoft Store is blocked by IT policy.  There is no tolerance for Candy Crush and other pushed apps from the store.   If I go to the microsoft store on my home PC,  I can see a steaming pile of hundreds of reviews rating this replacemnt turd a 1.5 AND Microsoft or the adorable people at Verizon has pulled the app.   ***   It is no longer available.  It is listed but the app has been pulled.  ***   

November 4th, Verizon is turning off a serivce I use.   Because they care and value me as a customer, they are not providing a usable replacement.  The deep appreciation Version shows its customers was demonstrated to me first hand today when a live chat thing (bot or damaged human) repeatedly sent me to the Microsoft store for the app; an app so bad that it has been pulled.  Repeatedly telling the chat bot the app has been pulled did nothing but bring up a survey on my chat experience.  Since the Message+ Windows app is being yanked from under me without a replacement, what are my options?   I am not logging into your ad filled website to check text and SMS.  The site logs me out after a few minutes where as the Message+ stays logged in for hours. 

Everytime I use your site I have to run through a gauntlet of ads and the ever helpful display of my account balance for everyone at work to see.  I use your website while teaching classes on UI design as an example of what not to do.  The site is barely usuable to pay bills.  Other than that it's a nagfest that requires I log in every 10 minutes.  It's not even close to a useful replacement. 

I need and use Message+ as is without the extra useless garbage for tweens you've forced into the reviled new version.  Every single review clearly says you messed up the pooch, ran over it and then dragged its limp carcas through the streets for miles.  You're taking away tools I need.  I sit at a PC all day and texting from the PC is faster and I can easily send PC screen shots.  There is no technical reason to pull the old app.   

Tags (1)
Re: Message+ taken from me with no replacement
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Because the app is being removed from the Microsoft Store doesn't mean it is being forcibly removed from our computers. It still works (somewhat) and hopefully Verizon will eventually figure out the 'syncing' issues. Did you have it loaded and working on your work PC's?  I have saved the old and newer .exe files when downloaded, in case I had to re-install them or install them on other PC's.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kadidllehopper, we understand your concern and we don't want you feeling this way. It's essential to stay connected and want to help in the best way. The Message+ Verizon Messages - Windows Desktop application is not compatible with Windows 10 computers. The Windows messaging client for Verizon messages is being temporarily removed to prevent syncing issues. For the time being, we recommend utilizing the messaging web client as a windows alternative. Here is a link with more information http://spr.ly/66041zRMO The Message+ team is aware and working on a resolution.

ChristianP_VZW

0 Likes
newvalve
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've been running message+ on windows 10 for 5 years or so - works fine.  Version 2.02 on my home machine, 1.0.17.0 on my work laptop.   What I'd really like is to get an installable copy of 2.02 - it's far superior to 1.x.  And BOTH sync messages just fine.  I'm astounded Verizon has "just discovered' a sync problem - sounds very garbage to me.   

Anyway - what's the ETA for a "correct" version for windows - presumably 2.x?

RobA221
Enthusiast - Level 1

I built a new PC - "assumed" I could just reinstall needed apps.

The message+ is no longer available in the windows store - Why not offer the older version to use somewhere?

Message+ worked fine for my windows 10.

jav6
Champion - Level 3

You might try this older version v1.0.17.0 https://www.dropbox.com/s/biatyb1m6egwx1t/Win10%20Message%2B%20v1.0.17.0.exe?dl=0

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help is here for you RobA221. We can provide the answers you need. There is a current issue with Message+ and Windows 10. You will be unable to use the application with this OS. I apologize for any inconvenience. BobbyN_VZW

0 Likes
richard_sollenberger
Enthusiast - Level 2

And yet we do feel this way. You have had a long time to fix this issue and you have not. your answer is for us to login to our verizon account and text from our account. That is not acceptable. I do not want to be loged into my accout all day to send or receive messages.

jmstark
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree. Verizon, this is absolutely pathetic. First the app didn't work at all for MONTHS last year. Now I send messages on the PC app, they show delivered, but many don't actually get delivered. If the platform is not 99% reliable, it's 100% useless. Which is what Messenge+ is right now. You can't use the PC app to send messages and then have to use your mobile to make sure they arrived. This can't be that hard. Whomever from Verizon is reading these messages should get this escalated, have the right executive prioritize it, and get it fixed. It makes you look like complete blockheads. 

eliter

Is there an estimated date that we can be looking forward to? I would very much like access to the actual app. I would like to schedule messages and be able to call people, since I am paying extra for postpay for the "advanced calling features". Obviously fixing the issues are most important; is there a way I can be informed on the progress of this?

0 Likes