Re: Message+ taken from me with no replacement
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kadidllehopper,

I want to make sure you have the options you need to use your device. I reviewed that link though and I do show the download link for the desktop app there. It is just below the button that says "Get it Now". Are you seeing that?

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

kadidllehopper,

I want to make sure you have the options you need to use your device. I reviewed that link though and I do show the download link for the desktop app there. It is just below the button that says "Get it Now". Are you seeing that?

AndrewT_VZW

@andrewt_vzw  If you follow that link, does it give YOU an option for a Windows 10 desktop app?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
kadidllehopper
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for taking the time to completely to thoroughly review the issue and dismissing my concerns as user error, again.

The link is there and yes I can see it.  Thank you so much for asking.  That was helpful.  There is no download for a windows desktop client.  The windows client link brings me to the Verizon website where I have to use an awful web client inside a browser to access what Message+ did without the bother.  I've stated repeatedly that the web browser option with short timeouts and gobs of intrusive adverts is NOT AN OPTION.  It is not designed for a desktop.  Even b y Verizon standards, it's bugly.  Using the Microsoft Store is NOT AN OPTION.  Like the desktops I've imaged and deployed for Verizon staff at your Phoenix area campus, the Microsoft Store is blocked by IT policy.   The point is moot because Verizon removed it from the Microsoft store.

I am merely asking for a replacement to the working program that I was using daily and happily until I started getting Verizon popups threatening to kill the app.  At the very least follow the links your tossing at me or you risk being exposed as a fool.  As a special courtesy, I've included a screen shot of what the link provides.  Since you've inferred this is end user error, kindly show me where the download link for windows desktop client your alluding to is, and how should I access it?

bogsforbrains.JPG

Tags (1)
0 Likes
kadidllehopper
Enthusiast - Level 3

As expected, crickets from Verizon.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Kadidllehopper. What is your OS version on Windows? - Taylor 

0 Likes
kadidllehopper
Enthusiast - Level 3

oy vey,  read my first post.  

"I use windows 7 and windows 10 "

what part do I need to expand upon?

Yes, I'm allowed to use more than 1 computer.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there, kadidlehopper! We would be more than happy to help you with Message+ application. Can you please elaborate further? When was the last time you were able to use it? 

0 Likes
kadidllehopper
Enthusiast - Level 3

OY!  Any chance of just a modicum of respect and attention?

At the very very least READ THE **bleep**POSTS!  Look at my  ‎04-17-2020 08:31 PM post, your answer is there.   I'm still getting fluffy useless replies from  VZW.  Face it, we're **Bleep**.  They will not replace the message+ app with something useable.  The stated preference of VZW is for us to log into our accounts on the web, suffer the endless intrusive ads, short session time outs, display our account balance, show full screen messages in type large enough to read from Boise and use the steaming pile of garbage they think is a usable solution.  Logging into the horrid dumpster fire that is the VZW website for text messages is not a usable option.   The function of the site is to sell garbage to me and I'm not buying it anymore.

As of this morning the app has ceased to function on both Windows 7 and Windows 10.  It will not sync and simply displays the spinny circle of despair.   Thank you Verizon, may I have another?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
kadidllehopper
Enthusiast - Level 3

kadidllehopper_0-1599343343428.png

Web app does not show any old messages, does not show incoming messages.  The helpful support chat people told me to reboot my phone.  That of course did nothing.  Called support, they said I'm in the right place so it must be my computer or browser.  I tried 2 laptops, several desktops running windows Vista, Windows 7, windows 10, Servers running Suse, Windows server 2012, Windows server 2016 Windows server 2019  In each case I get a text saying my account has been accessed from a new machine as I should but the web page remains empty. with no sign of sent nor received texts.  I tried Firefox, WaterFox, DuckDuckGo, Edge, IE and Chrome.  I think I've ruled out browser and computer issues.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

I see the same issue with the Web Messaging access.  It should be a NEW thread, though, not tacked on to an OLD thread.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes