Re: Message+ taken from me with no replacement
NKyAdventurer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Would you happen to have the old .exe files to send me, please?  I've lost my Verizon+ on my WIndows 10 and can't believe the runaround I get from verizon?

rjgangwish at aol dot com

NKyAdventurer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for your reply.  I ran Message+ on my Windows 10 for the last 4 years.  Got corrupted and I had to delete it but can't find a copy to reinstall.  You'd think Verizon would either have fixed this right away or developed a new product.

NKyAdventurer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you, thank you, thank you.....................you are a GodSend.    After countless hours with Verizon bots and useless agents and more hours researching this, I came across your post.  I downloaded the program, ran it, and everything is just fine.   You'd think Verizon would discover this.

jav6
Champion - Level 3

@NKyAdventurer wrote:

Thanks for your reply.  I ran Message+ on my Windows 10 for the last 4 years.  Got corrupted and I had to delete it but can't find a copy to reinstall.  You'd think Verizon would either have fixed this right away or developed a new product.

The Dropbox link on my earlier post with v1.0.17.0 .exe file should work for download, but let me know if not.  The later v2.0.2.0 version did not have an .exe file that could be downloaded.

There may still be sync'ing issues if you use Integrated Messaging with multiple devices, which is why the Win10 desktop app was removed.  The Messaging Team is working on a new version and said they'll let us know when ready.  No date.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello NKyadventurer, 

I appreciate at the update on your situation with the trouble you had with Verizon Message Plus. I am glad our fine community members were able to chime in and give their input into the issue, and it was resolved. We always want to help, and someone beat us to the solution. Please bear in mind we can be found on Twitter under the handle VZWsupport, and this would give you faster results. Do you need any further assistance? 

EdwinW_VZW

Tags (1)
0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

Hello NKyadventurer, 

I appreciate at the update on your situation with the trouble you had with Verizon Message Plus. I am glad our fine community members were able to chime in and give their input into the issue, and it was resolved. We always want to help, and someone beat us to the solution. Please bear in mind we can be found on Twitter under the handle VZWsupport, and this would give you faster results. Do you need any further assistance? 

EdwinW_VZW

@vzw_customer_support , @EdwinW_VZW (???)  And what was the solution you would have provided?  I had saved a copy of the Win 10 Message+ desktop app v1.0.10.0 .exe file which I made available to @NKyAdventurer .  Was that something you would have done?  As for Twitter, I personally would rather use the VerizonWireless secure forum platform for this.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
kadidllehopper
Enthusiast - Level 3

"beat us to it" !?!   Wow, now that's hutzpah!  Well done, bravo

This post has been up for almost a full 6 months and you're just now getting around to gracing us with your presence by saying "you beat us to it".   You've made it clear that you don't give a flying rat's rectum about your clients or you would have done something months ago instead of now taking a leak on my head and saying hello, we love you.  

"you beat us to it"   That's so cute.  

The old WIndows 7 app still works fine even on all the flavours of Windows 10 ... if you can find it.  I get the occasional scare popup saying that support for the app has ended and to go to the M$ store.  That's what prompted the original post.  Ignoring the message allows me to use the old software without too many issues.  The web client is nowhere near a solution. 

As for Twitter?  No, not even if I was 12.  Verizon in its wisdom put up a forum to "help" us.  I shouldn't be forced to load 3rd party software to resolve issues with a company that likes to think it's #1.

Thank you to my fellow users for providing answers to questions that Verizon simply can't be bothered to even read in a timely manner.

NKyAdventurer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Are you kidding me?  Edwin would have given me the canned rote bot script that said nothing or asked stupid questions, like what I was wearing.  🙂    I don't think they ever really train any of these support people.  Thanks again for your help.  Working like a charm.

Rich G

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the honest feedback. You input is taken seriously. We know it's been a rocky road but our goal is to give you the best service we can, and we will continue to strive in doing so. Thanks for your time and patience.

GilbertoL_VZW

Tags (1)
0 Likes
AbeM
Enthusiast - Level 2

WHAT A SHAME  ON VERIZON! ! it has been over 6 months since they took down and stopped their PC message+ app and NOTHING!! 10's of discussions on this topic with 100's of comments from customers who pay high rates for verizon service to be well served are complaining about this issue and NOTHING!! no updates, no estimate for a new release and they just let us wait! we need back the option of texting using the comfort of a computer keaboard and there is no reason in the world that it should take such a long time! Verizon has the ability to get this done within weeks and now after over an half year we are still at the same point because NOBODY CARES! they are focusing on things that they could use for advertising and to build themselves like 5G but we the customers are left behind! PLEASE PLEASE VERIZON we are all waiting to see this service back ASAP! Dont respond with some lovely message how you love your customers or something like that, just take action and do whats in your hand to get this message where it has to get, i dont think that the CEO or some other executive are reading this posts so they really dont care about us, but at least whoever in the Verizon team does read it please make sure it gets somewhere and maybe we should try to send emails to everyone possible they should wake up and take care of it, Thank You!

0 Likes