Message plus on android tablet not syncing to phone
Mikeedcsi

I have a Samsung P-605v with Android 5.1.1. Message plus has been synced to my phone for several years and worked great. After updating the app last night, Message plus quit receiving text messages. All other data apps (email, etc.) work great.

I rebooted the tablet. Didn't help.

I disconnected the tablet from the phone number. It wouldn't allow me to reconnect.

I set the app back to factory settings. It wouldn't allow me to reconnect.

I reinstalled the app. It still wouldn't allow me to reconnect.

I'm out of ideas.

0 Likes
Re: Message plus on android tablet not syncing to phone
SL15
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the exact same thing happen three days ago.  I have the Samsung Galaxy S6 and a Samsung Tablet E, all more than two years old.  All was working well until Saturday, August 31st when tablet could send, but not receive text messages.

I followed all the instructions provided in the Verizon online troubleshooting described on "My Verizon." twice.  I also disconnected the tablet from the phone number (removed/deleted the device from the Message Plus App [it said it could be restored later]) and it still wouldn't sync. I installed, reinstalled, tried soft reset, safe mode, etc. After several hours of troubleshooting, I then received an error message "We were unable to connect your device to synchronize with Verizon Integrated Messaging service. You can attempt to reconnect your device to Verizon Integrated Messaging through the Settings menu of the application." 

I then decided to make a phone call to Verizon. I spent almost two hours on the phone being place on hold, transferred from tech to tech, and then finally to "care" who was surprised that tech didn't help me... ultimate result? No solution. The "care" person suggested I go to a Verizon store.  So, off I went.  The tech at the store troubleshooted the device for quite a while, reached out to the tech support folks he knew and the ultimate result? No resolution.

The sales person and I thought maybe it was because I had an old Samsung tablet. Since there was a "free" tablet on a two-year contract, I opted to go for a new tablet. The tech installed the tablet, got all of my data transferred, installed Verizon Messages plus, then tried to connect the new tablet to my cell phone simply to receive the error message. "We were unable to connect your device to synchronize with Verizon Integrated Messaging service. You can attempt to reconnect your device to Verizon Integrated Messaging through the Settings menu of the application." My phone no longer has an option to manage devices (it appears 'deleting the device' somehow removed my device altogether) and I am worried the message app will now crash on my cell phone and I will lose everything. 

I was told by the Verizon salesperson that it may be related to my "old" cell phone. I am debating whether or not to upgrade, fearful that the upgrade will result in the same error message "We were unable to connect your device to synchronize with Verizon Integrated Messaging service. You can attempt to reconnect your device to Verizon Integrated Messaging through the Settings menu of the application."

I am extremely irritated that my Samsung phone and NEW Samsung tablet still cannot share text messages as the application was designed and am not convinced an upgrade to my phone will resolve the issue. I do not want to switch messages apps (like 'hangouts' as was suggested by the Verizon sales person) and want it to work as it had three days ago.

Sorry I couldn't be of help but am requesting that tech support at Verizon please review this issue.

bear007

I had this same problem with my LG-G4 phone and my Ellipsis 8 tablet after they both downloaded v6.9.4 a few weeks ago.  Since then there have been 2 updates, v6.9.5 and the current version v6.9.6 which says it was to "fix tablet crash".

The rep in the local store informed me that they have already run into this problem with other customers.  In trying to fix their problems they were informed, by whom I don't know, that Verizon messaging no longer supports integrating/syncing multiple devices with your phone messages.  It seems that no one told us, the customers or the Message+ app software developers since integrating devices is the main advertised purpose of the app.

If anyone finds a resolution to this problem please let the community know.  Thnx

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate your situation, bear007, and appreciate your patience as we work on the repairs needed for Message+. The latest version is 6.7, so please ensure that version is installed on both the phone and tablet. Once installed, power each device down. Power up the phone first, and test it for calls, texts, and data service. Let us know what happens.

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
Cargod

GeorgeS_VZW, It is January 29, 2021 and this issue apparently persists. I had an accidental reboot/reset of my Samsung Note5 that resulted in it failing to sync with my Samsung Galaxy Tab E. Both were fully synced prior to the reset but are not now. I have been unable to reestablish syncing since. The phone also has less functionality in the program than my tablet. Many less settings and options...I discovered this as I was attempting to set up the phone identically to the tablet. Both the phone and tablet are running version 7.1.1. This is the SAME version it was running and syncing with before the reset. I look forward to your insight. Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to help in any way possible, Cargod. Do you have your network mode set to 4G (LTE) on your Note5? Do you know if you have a 4G SIM Card in the device? 

CheyenneS_VZW

0 Likes
Cargod

CheyenneS_VZW,

Thank you for your reply. The network mode is set to Global. The sim card is the same one I've had since 2015 installed by Verizon. The phone shows 4G LTE on the status bar. So, assumptions, being what they are, would be that it is indeed a 4G LTE sim card. I also updated to v. 7.2.0 today (2/2/21) but that changed nothing in the syncing behavior or the difference in options between the phone and tablet.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I do appreciate you updating your software, Cargod. I know that software updates can help. I would like you to uninstall the app and install it again. Can you elaborate on how long is the delay for it to sync up? Please tell me more. -Amber

0 Likes
Cummims3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am Having same problem what's in my tablet doesn't sync with what's in my phone

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is for your messages to work correctly for you. Please try uninstalling the Message+ app from your devices, then resyncing them. 

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes