Re: Message plus not working on Computer
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the message + application on your Windows device bidegle2. The Message+ application is not compatible with Windows 10 computers. The Windows messaging client for Verizon messages is being temporarily removed to prevent syncing issues. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. You can utilize the messaging web client as a windows alternative by following the steps in this link below

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-54302/ .

I hope this information is helpful. 

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello HomePCUser, sorry for any delay here. The Message+ Verizon Messages - Windows Desktop application is not compatible with Windows 10 computers. The Windows messaging client for Verizon messages is being temporarily removed to prevent syncing issues. Please use the link attached on how to send Verizon Messages going forward. http://spr.ly/6600ECiDs

The Message+ Team is aware and working on a resolution. Thanks for your patience.

AlanS_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Harma464, Message+ shouldn't have just disappeared from your Google Play Store. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any delay. Please ensure your Google Play Services app is up to date using the link attached. http://spr.ly/6607ECiKl

Please also double-check that our Amazon Kindle has the latest software update. Keep us posted on any changes.

AlanS_VZW

0 Likes
Daymond
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the insight @jafauske 

I don't have any Apple devices in my network, and have phased out Windows 7 completely as well.

My tests so far have been from the following devices:

Samsung Galaxy S8+ SM-G955U
Android Version: 9
Verizon Message+ Version 6.9.1

Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T817V
Android Version 7.0
Verizion Message+ Version 6.9.1

ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R.2.0
W/AMD 8320 and 16GB RAM
Windows 10 Enterprise
Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763
Verizon Message+ Version 2.0.2.0

When I send any message from the Desktop app, the TO receives it. However, if they reply, it does not sync to the desktop app, but shows up on the 2 mobile devices (while those devices did not sync the message I sent from the Desktop App). If I send a message from either of the mobile devices, They are both syncronized no matter which of the 2 I send from, but again, it is not syncronized with the Desktop app.

This also includes sending to my fiance's phone (on the exact same account as my 2 mobile devices) from the Desktop app to her phone, and even those messages don't sync to my mobiles, and her reply is only received on the mobile devices. There seems to be zero syncronization to the Desktop app in my case, and all messages sent from my desktop app are not syncronized to my mobile devices either.

Though I haven't spent the time on the issue that you have @jafauske , I only find issue with the Desktop app. I will perform more tests, and include my results from my old PC:

HP Proliant Quad Core Xeon 8GB RAM
Windows 10 Enterprise
Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763
Verizon Message+ Version 2.0.2.0

However, in another post from Verizon, it states that Verizon Messages is not compatible with Windows 10. Strange though, because it worked up to approximately 7/19/2019. In that post, they direct Windows 10 users to use the Web Interface. Not convenient at all for those of us who are used to being able to ALT+TAB to our running app and respond to our clients, family, friends, etc.

Regards,
Daymond Armstrong

0 Likes
jafauske
Contributor - Level 1

This may be purely coincidental, but I began reporting SPAM SMS text messages late June and my last "Forward the text message to 7726" was 7/17/2019.

My Windows Verizon Messages apps started failing on or after 7/19/2019.

Might Verizon have been "hacked" and lost control??
I never got another SPAM text since the 7/17/2017 one.

example:
======
From: [email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service]
Received: 7/17/2019 1:52:26 PM
Type: SMS
Size: 661 Bytes
Message Source: Phone
UID: 952082991
Message Id: 20190717205226-1696573627
=== Message Text:
(Wells Fargo) http://bit.ly/2xTQFkB InfoWellsAuthSuspiciousActivity
======

0 Likes
jafauske
Contributor - Level 1

I've just rerun my test cases and again confirmed the accuracy of my matrix table (appended below).

And, Oh look! The bots have been released again!
Posting lies, as my test cases prove.
(Might this "big business" be using the current "playbook" of the RED political party? FAKE NEWS?)

Lie: "The Message+ application is not compatible with Windows 10 computers"
ALL text messages sent for my (650) number from either Windows app versions are received by my BlackBerry Z30 (415) number. Works!
The Verizon Messages app (Version 2.0.2.0) works fine in Windows 10 and receives a "sync" of ALL text messages sent from the Verizon Message+ app (Version 1.0.17.0) in Windows 7. Works!
The Verizon Message+ app (Version 1.0.17.0) works fine in Windows 7 and receives a "sync" of ALL text messages sent from the Verizon Messages app (Version 2.0.2.0) in Windows 10. Works!
ALL text messages sent for my (650) number from either Windows app versions "sync" to my iPad Air. Works!
ALL text messages sent for my (650) number from either Windows app versions "sync" to the Verizon "messaging web client" in either Windows 7 or 10. Works!
Only text originating from one of the Windows apps will show up in the other version Windows app. Nothing originating from any other source.

Lie: "The Windows messaging client for Verizon messages is being temporarily removed to prevent syncing issues."
Verizon Messages (Version 2.0.2.0) is still offered by the Microsoft Store in Windows 10.

Half truth: "You can utilize the messaging web client as a windows alternative..."
There are numerous posts here describing how that client falls short! Logs/times out. Resets itself in the middle of composing a message.

Re: Message Plus not syncing with windows 10
@lorenb_vzw
  (KinquanaH_VZW)
@anthonyc_vzw
@stephanniep_vzw

@KinquanaH_VZW
@alans_vzw

Verizon Messages failure matrix_f.png

0 Likes
auds6868
Enthusiast - Level 2

It worked for years for me and was a lifesaver.  I upgraded my Galaxy to a new Note and now only messages originating from the desktop app on my surface book stay in sync.  A new first text from the phone does NOT show up on the app.  Win10. Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134

I COULD CRY

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We absolutely don't want you to feel like we let you down. So sorry to hear about the issues. The Message+ Verizon Messages - Windows Desktop application is not compatible with Windows 10 computers. The Windows messaging client for Verizon messages is being temporarily removed to prevent syncing issues and customers are able to utilize the messaging web client as a windows alternative. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-54302/ The Message+ team is aware and working on a resolution.

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
tigereyes7088
Enthusiast - Level 1

AMEN jafauske!!

I have been dealing with the same exact issue as you and the others you mentioned. I've done everything you mentioned as well. I honestly believe that the Verizon techs and/or developers don't give a rat's a**! It's been since June or July since my problem started!! So dang frustrating! 

0 Likes
D2M2Z

I have the exact same problem and it started when I updated to the 1903 version of Windows 10. Have you found a solution other than changing messaging apps?

0 Likes