Re: Message plus not working on Computer
RadicalSR8

Apparently Windows 7 is no longer supported. Ridiculous as that is....

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-messages-faqs/

0 Likes
BMG4ME
Contributor - Level 1

Since the last update was 4 years I don't think they care.  Just to make sure, I have escalated to the executive office.  Let's see if that brings some relief.

HomePCUser
Enthusiast - Level 1

I made no changes to my PC where it was working well under Windows 10 Pro.  I just bought a new laptop, and Message Plus does not receive, but I can send - just like the PC.  Now here's something interesting --- I have an iPad and two Android based OS (cell and notebook) where it works fine. 

Not being particularly smart, it is apparent to even me that the problem lies in a compatibility issue between either a recent Windows update or a recent Messenger update that as soon as our systems update, Message Plus quits working properly.  

0 Likes
Harma464
Enthusiast - Level 1

I didn't have the app on my computer.  However, I wanted to chime in.  Although, I first must admit, I am not a technical person at all.  So, I am sorry if I don't use the right wording.  I have had the message plus app on m y kindle for a couple of years.  It worked great.  I loved it.  Then sometime mid August, it just quit working.  I kept sinc'ing and even rebooted my kindle.  As a last resort, I uninstalled with intentions of reinstalling the app.  However, I can no longer find the app in the app store😠  just thought I'd share my experience.

letti001
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon has stated multipled times now in emails to me from customer support and also on this forum that they are no longer supporting Windows 10 with Message+. They also stated that we should use the web based verson on the verizonwireless.com website. Now I cannot even access teh web based version. I just get a spinning icon with it "connecting". No luck. Basically Message on anyting other the phone is jus tnot being pursued by Verizon as something to get working. Very disappointing for sure.

0 Likes
bldegle2
Contributor - Level 1

That's a crock, it doesn't work in Win7 either, what do they have to say about Win7?  Mine was working in Win10 just fine up until it didn't work...

Daymond
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you John, and Joe,

As a Systems, and Network Engineer, just to spout a small portion of my skills, I agree with you John, that Microsoft has closed something in an update, as I have experienced the same problem since approximately the same date as yourself. I have also been using the Message+ App since it was introduced, and until around 7/19 or so, I have had the same issue. I stopped receiving any new messages in "Verizion Messages" on my old Unit, but I wrote off the issue because I thought it might be some issue with that PC.

However, I just put together a newer PC, and everything is a fresh installation, and the problem still persists. I can send messages from the App, but only receive on the phone. Also, when I freshly installed "Verizon Messages" on my PC, it only did a sync up to the point where my old PC stopped on or about 7/19. Very frustrating, as I use the app extensively instead of picking up the phone for every response to clients/potential clients.

Sincerely,

Daymond

@jafauske wrote:

Thank you Joe,
I do hope my post did not come across as rude or disrespectful, as that was NOT my intention. I did hope we could all do exactly as you have done; provide specific details to help Verizon Messages developer/QA staff identify what is causing this failure. Though now retired, I've had many years at most phases of software design, development, QA, maintenance, troubleshooting, etc. I am acquainted with how complex identifying a "bug" can be, long before the scope of a "fix" can be assessed.
My first suspicion is that a Microsoft update has "tightened" a loophole Verizon Messages can no longer jump through.

Both my Windows 10 desktop(Professional) and laptop(Home) are current at:
- Windows 10 64-bit
- Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.239)

My Windows 7 desktop is current at:
- Windows 7 Professional SP-1 64-bit (6.1.7601)
- latest update 7/21/2019 (KB4507437)

Norton Security Deluxe Version 22.17.3.50 (all 3 of my Windows machines)

My theory only fits the details if Microsoft made some similar change to both Windows 10 Home and Pro, as well as Windows 7, on about the same date (approx 19 July 2019)

Sincerely, John

0 Likes
jafauske
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you @Daymond,

For your acknowledgement and sharing your own experience with Verizon Messages+.
Unlike the @vzw_customer_support postings, you have obviously read the postings from us other Members.

Since my [Friday, July 26, 2019 - 7:00 PM] post that you quote, I have come to believe that this is NOT caused by a Microsoft change.

I have multiple devices on different OS platforms, which allow me to run a "matrix" of test cases. I just ran my test cases again and my results remain identical to my previous results (see matrix appended below).

When I send FROM: either of my Windows (7 and 10) computer clients, the sent text is "synced" to the other Windows devices as well as my iPad Air and the web page (browser) based Verizon Messages, and received by the TO: device.

Using a server-client model, the Verizon server receives from a Microsoft client and is able to send back to any Windows client.

ALL of the "other" clients (Android, Apple, TO: device, browser) successfully send, receive and sync with each other, but do NOT sync back to ANY Windows based client.

This suggests to me that Verizon has made some change (on or about 19 July 2019, for me) to their servers to block any Windows clients "seeing" anything not from a Windows client.

I would welcome any evidence to support or refute my theory.

Sadly, we seem to have been abandoned.
These are the last "worthless" postings from any @vzw_customer_support Rep:
===
Re: Message Plus not syncing with windows 10
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
8-22-2019 06:55 PM
@joeld_vzw
Our goal is to assist.
Are you currently having issues?
===
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
8-20-2019 11:58 AM
@tabithaj_vzw
We appreciate the additional details, Metrogeek.
What version of Windows are you currently running?
Have you tried the app on a different computer?
===

Verizon Messages failure matrix_f.png

davebeneteau
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good theory...

One additional piece of info though, is that i still continually get text messages on the desktop app from my wife.  we share a plan... Messages from her work as they always have.  I havent tried to get any messages from any other plan members, but all non plan members do not sync.

thanks

Dave

jafauske
Contributor - Level 1

@davebeneteau, in my problem solving mode, a "desktop" could be an Apple iMac or an Apple MacBook or a Windows 10 PC or a Windows 8.1 PC or ???
As you may see in my matrix table, it gets complicated.
Although it seems that Verizon couldn't care less! More details might help.
From what Verizon Messages(+) client/device to what other device/client and which additional devices received (synced) the message?

0 Likes