Re: Message plus not working on Computer
davebeneteau
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ive been having this problem for the last 2 weeks and have been reading all the posts.  I think i got to the bottom of it today.

I called support, they transfered me to tech support.  I explained, and got transfered to level 2 tech support. She (I forget her name) was super helpful.  She agreed it was a syncing issue, found a switch somewhere and changed it.  It made me drop the call... but after i rebooted my phone, all my messages started to sync on the desktop app after disconnecting them from the device manager and re adding them.  (I had been getting an error OTTProvision Failed during PIN Generation)

just thought I would give my feedback.

thanks

Dave

davebeneteau
Enthusiast - Level 2

Her name was Peggy. She reprovisioned my account on the switch and that was what fixed it. 

If level 2 texh doesn't know what to do, ask for Peggy.

Dave

davebeneteau
Enthusiast - Level 2

more update.  it seems to be working for some contacts and not others.  i guess ill be calling verizon again tomorrow

bldegle2
Contributor - Level 1

Welcome to the madness.  Good luck.  Check the other threads on this.  The last communication I got was that it is not compatible with Win 10.  As far as I can tell, it isn't working on Win 7 anymore either.

Tip, Verizon is clueless as of right now.  One can hope they will get a fiix out sometime soon.

letti001
Contributor - Level 1

Somewhere in the Verizon mainframe room, Peter Griffith tripped over a cable and shutdown the sync server while he was chasing fly that landed on his beer.

SpeakSoftly

Yes, I can confirm it's not working on Windows 7 either.

Windows 7 Service pack 1

Verizon Message Plus PC app 1.0.17.0

Samsung Galaxy Note 9 running Android version 9

Verizon Message Plus Android app 6.9.0

0 Likes
dlcherry
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was able to get mine working agaim. Turns out the problem was not on the computer but the phone. I had to go tosettings,  then Apps,  in the phone's list of apps find the message+ app and force it to stop. On the same screen I had to go to data and delete all data. I then opened the Message+ app on the phone which restarts the app. After that the app on the computer started working again.

0 Likes
ELIBER22
Enthusiast - Level 2

This process did not work for me.

GILISA94
Enthusiast - Level 1

Interesting scenario here:

message+ suddenly stopped working on my windows 10 machine, but when I went to the browser based version there were some messages there.

When I communicated on those threads, they showed up on my Windows 10 machine.

I created a new 'group' message to my family in the browser, THAT synched on all my devices (I used a Google Pixel XL 2).

I went back to a previous group message w/my family, communicated on there, it did NOT synch on all my devices.

note - browser version of group shows as a 'group', previous group message shows as an 'MMS'.

No exact resolution here, but definitely some wierd behavior - wish VZW would pay attention to this!

bldegle2
Contributor - Level 1

Welcome to the merry go round that is Verizon.  Frankly, I don't think they have any idea what to do at this point, it has been going on for quite some time now...

0 Likes