Re: Message plus not working on Computer
jav6
Champion - Level 3

As reported by @vzw_customer_support , @PamD_VZW on the other thread the workaround is to use the web site access for messaging and not the desktop app.  However, I opened the https://web.vma.vzw.com website for access to Verizon Messaging and it STILL DOES NOT SYNC my messages to my contact using a Galaxy Core Prime phone on MagicJack/Ymax mobile.  Their messages to me are sync'ed fine but mine NOT.  Both directions are sync'ed on my Droid Turbo 2 on the VZW account.   Also, my messages to an iPhone on VZW were NOT sync'ed before on the desktop app and they ARE STILL NOT SYNC'ed on the web site access.  SAME ISSUE ON YOUR WORKAROUND AS THE 'INCOMPATIBLE DESKTOP APP' FOR ME.   IT IS APPARENT THAT THE NON-SYNC'ING MESSAGES REACHED AND ARE AVAILABLE IN THE MESSAGING SERVER BUT FOR SOME REASON, NOT BEING FORWARDED TO THE DESKTOP APP NOR THE WEB SITE ACCESS.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Another ANNOYING 'feature' of the web site messaging access is the web site TIMEOUT.  After a few minutes of inactivity (same as general vzw.com web access) you are LOGGED OUT and have to log back in to stay connected to messaging.  Not helpful when monitoring for incoming messages.

If anyone has any solution to this TIMEOUT, let me know.  I use multiple browsers with the same issue.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
FuzzyCottonsocks
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, I Googled to figure out how to fix my problem and here I am. I have the latest Messages+ app (6.9.0 from Google Play) on my Samsung Galaxy Note 8. I have Windows 7, with the 1.0.17.0 version of Messages+. By the way, I just did a whole wild goose chase to see if maybe my program needed an update, and I was led to this page where they tell you how to go download the program for Windows 7, but the link it gives ONLY gives you access to the app on Windows Store, which means it's NOT going to work with Windows 7. Over the past week or two I've sent various texts from my 1.0.17.0 desktop app, people have recieved and responded to my texts, and I have not recieved the texts on my PC. I did recieve their responses on my 6.9.0 app, but I don't see the messages I sent that they're responding to. I went to the web app and I am able to see both the messages I sent as well as the messages I recieved. But of course this is only good for the recent messages, and although I back up my messages on my phone, I can't back up the recent messages sent via the desktop app because it doesn't sync with the app on my phone.

Not sure if that's helpful as another use-case where your app should work and it doesn't, or if that was all just me ranting about it being broke. The idea of Messages+ is really nice, just the execution has been lacking. It seems like as the thing has grown it's just difficult to support...  Maybe a cost saving move would be to make these apps open-source and just make Messages+ an API.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the additional details, Metrogeek. What version of Windows are you currently running? Have you tried the app on a different computer?

TabithaJ_VZW

0 Likes
bldegle2
Contributor - Level 1

Don't you have morning meetings before you hit the kiosk?  Verizon support already informed us that the app is broken and they are working on it.

Another wasted bit of bandwidth...

Txjeff
Enthusiast - Level 2

At around 9 pm CST on 8-21, where my PC Win 10 Message + app was working for months now to my Samsung Android, the same problem started for me suddenly and is no longer syncing phone messages to the PC app.  And I tried various things.  Uninstalling and reinstalling and rebooting etc with no success.  

mssisson
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm in same shape.  Several weeks ago I quit receiving texts on my desktop - Windows 10.  I agree with all the frustrated customers.  I've tried all the above - remove / reinstalling, turning firewall off, different virus software, deleting the residual files left after uninstall before reinstalling, deleting all the text messages...  I called support - 1 hour wait.  Their quick  conclusion was that it's my computer and they wanted me to enroll in a service for $9 /month.  Interestingly they try to make money on this.  I suppose that's good management.   I will patiently await next update that will probably fix the problem.  I don't use it much and wish there was a different app available. 

jafauske
Contributor - Level 1

Help is here for you... !
We can provide the answers you need.
I apologize for...
There is currently a compatibility issue...
We do not have an ETA at this time.
I apologize for any inconvenience...
We are terribly sorry for the trouble...
Thank you for your patience...
=====

It has already been over a month since this problem started affecting nearly everyone and @vzw_customer_support has only just recently even acknowledged that it is Verizon's FAILURE!

These AI bots in "Community Manager" offer lots of "words of sympathy",
lots of "reinstall" advice,
lots of "is your computer plugged in?" type of questions.

"Sorry" is worthless.
We don't need a psychaiatrist's couch with lots of "And how does that make you feel" words.

Please, STOP these worthless "Community Manager" words.

Put some of the $$thousands of dollars$$, that each of us members pay annually, into FIXING the problem.

"...low-single-digit growth from 2018’s $130.1 billion." (Barron's)
"...expected 2019 adjusted earnings per share to hold steady from 2018 at $4.71".
Considering the size of Verizon, perhaps taking one cent away from shareholder earnings, to put into fixing the Verizon Messages FAILURE, could hire $$Millions$$ worth of skilled "problem solvers"?

Txjeff
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called Verizon today and things ultimately went totally different than I expected.  First off, the support number takes you to people that can only deal with your phone.  Not the App.  But I already reported the problem via the app and the help and report a problem to the developer.  The good news is, I wound up being able to get a new Samsung phone under warranty.  So that was nice.  

But ultimately, I decided, I don't need to be the test lab for Verizon and there intermittent situation.  I downloaded Google's Messenger app and the link to it on a Browser, and now I have all my messages working on the phone and on the PC.  Ya'll let me know if you ever figure out the Message Plus app.

Txjeff
Enthusiast - Level 2

btw, here is the link to the Google messages on a PC via browser:

https://messages.google.com/web/conversations/8?redirected=true