Re: Message plus not working on Computer
letti001
Contributor - Level 1

I find it fascinating that the Verizon people are constantly trying to troubleshoot by implying that the end devices are the issue. I can tell you that I have gone through customer support and all the trials and tribulations of troubleshooting my devices only to come to the conclusion that it is not the end devices. It is clearly something that has changed on the Verizon end.

There is no synchronization with the phone and the computers. 

In looking at the number of posts, clearly there are a great many individuals that use the online desktop application for text messaging. I have now gone backwards several years in my work flow as I cannot provide the communication as I need as there is not always service for my phone in my building , but my computer is hardwired and has Internet access; I have text capability and can work as usual. Now, I cannot.

I called earlier this week and was told I would hear from Verizon in 24 hours. I have heard nothing and received nothing in my email.

There is the same complaint from a great many end users at the same time and there are a great many differnt devices and situations for the end user. The only common denominator is the Verizon side and hence there is something on the Verizon end.

Currently I am unable to work and provide services as I need.

callmebufo
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm on a Windows 7 computer and haven't been able to sync news messages to my desktop since July 25. I know there's a new version of Message+ out there, but is it compatible with Win7? I can't find a download link for a Win7 version - just links that take me to the Windows store for a Win8.1 and Win10 version. Can someone give me a link to install the new version for Win7 (if that'll help)?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cjpower7, we are disheartened to learn that your issue has come back in regard to the syncing with Verizon Messages Plus. In order to utilize the feature, it is recommended being on the latest software version on your computer for it to work properly. Have you contacted the manufacturer of your computer to determine why your computer isn't updating? What steps have you taken in regards to troubleshooting the issue? What is the make and model of the phone that you are trying to sync your computer with Verizon Messages Plus?

KevinM_VZW

0 Likes
METROGEEK

Dear Verizon Wireless...

It is not the devices, it is the software...  it could be a problem with the Flavor or Version of Windows, but it is not the device...

It works on my Verizon controlled Samsung... my Verizon controlled iPad, but my Dell Windows 10 computer, it only works about 50 percent of the time.  It also seems to be related to the source of the messages...   I am receiving messages from other Verizon users no problem, but users with AT&T or Cricket will only go to my phone and ipad, but not computer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

callmebufo, we want to make sure you have the ability to sync your messages using the Messages +. Have you tried to download the new version on the application and try syncing them to see if they show up properly on your computer? ChetonJ_VZW

0 Likes
jafauske
Contributor - Level 1

OK @chetonj_vzw, you need to get a clue!

Stop wasting all us Members' time.

@PamD_VZW has already posted:
[https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Verizon-Messages/Message-Plus-not-syncing-with-windows-10/m...]

bldegle2
Contributor - Level 1

It is a merry-go-round for sure.

I have a feeling it has to be bots, NO ONE can be that STUPID to ignore all the postages that have landed on the numerous threads.

This is a pure joke for support, pathetic...

angiebeh
Enthusiast - Level 2

That is exactly the behavior I'm seeing between my android phone and my laptop.  I think it may have started just after I allowed an update on my Samsung 10 cell phone.

angiebeh
Enthusiast - Level 2

this is really frustrating.  My 2 devices are so out of sync now that I have to cross reference my laptop and my phone to make any stinking sense of a text message thread.

I rely heavily on the desktop app when I'm working as it's so much faster than stopping what I'm doing to fat finger a text message on my cell phone.

angiebeh
Enthusiast - Level 2

We've been at this for a very long time.  So no questions allowed by Verizon until you've read the entire thread.

There are a lot of tech people complaining here, so we know what we're talking about.  It would be best if this was escalated to a technical team.  However, I'm not sure how supported this app truly is on the desktop.