Re: Message plus not working on Computer
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced with the Windows version of Verizon Messages, Milton. We experienced a temporary issue with Verizon Messages recently, however the issues should be resolved now. Are you still having issues? If so, are you having issues on the phone app as well? RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
TheDisgruntedOne

I have read most of this stream of complaints, and through expermentation I have tried every one of the suggested workarounds.  I just want to say that sync works for Message+ on a PC but it just does not sync all messages in a way I must can't see a pattern to.  And it only gets worse when you uninstall and reinstall the application, because messages that were cached on the PC disappear before the uninstall, they will not been seen again after reinstalling the software.

I for one simply will not depend on MessagePlus on a Microsoft Windows computer until this gets fixed.  I am inline with those that prefere a full sized keyboard found on a PC over phones and tablets when sending messages.  So I hope some day Verizon will discover, woops, there was a problem after all!

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support @ryanm_vzw  The issues reported for the sync with Windows Message+ were reported long before the current Android Message+ issue occurred.  If you have any info relating the two please share with the forum.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
MRSC68
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just searched for this thread today as I have been having issues as well. My issues "seem" to have started when my phone updated, although that may have just been when I happened to have noticed that the desktop version wasn't working. I can send messages on the desktop app and they are received by the recipient, but when they text back I am only getting their reply on the app installed on my phone. This doesn't work for me.  

I use Win10 and as of right now, it is still not syncing. I have uninstalled and reinstalled on both my laptop and my phone with no success. I will continue to monitor the thread with hopes of a good outcome. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our goal is to help you move forward. To clarify, are you still experiencing an issue with Message+

CoreyM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support @coreym_vzw  Also to clarify, has anyone within Verizon Tech Support looked at why the synchronization has been failing?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
mbooher
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Verizon et al,

I am having this same problem.  My Verizon Message+ was working fine until 4 or 5 days ago.  I had it installed on:

* Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (primary acct) - installed from Google Play Store.  

* Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 260 laptop (Win 10; installed from Microsoft Store)

* iPhone SE - Installed from Apple App Store

* Lenovo X220 laptop (Win 10; installed from Microsoft Store)

I can send messages from any device.  However, the conversations are not staying synced on all devices.  I'll answer a text on my Note 9, but the reply does not show up on my ThinkPad Yoga.  Or, I'll enter a text on my ThinkPad, and it does not show up on my Note 9.  Today, I've done the following:

1) Deleted/uninstalled/disconnected VZ Message+ from all devices, including the primary Note 9.

2) Re-installed on the Note 9.

3) Re-installed on ThinkPad Yoga

I've seen all the emails where VZ support has not been able to help anyone, and I don't have time to mess around with tech support that can't help me.  I have 3 companies I run, including an IT company that provides tech support), and non-answers and time-wasters are unacceptable.

Is this, or is this not a Verizon issue?  Can we get a straight answer on that?  It sure appears to be to me.

mbooher
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Corey_M at VZ,

Yes, I believe we are still all having issues with syncing to Win10.  Would be happy to send screen shots if you need them.

jafauske
Contributor - Level 1

Dear @vzw_customer_support members:
@aarons_vzw
@amberf_vzw
@AntonioC_VZW
@bretta_vzw
@coreym_vzw
@edgart_vzw
@JoeL_VZW

PLEASE READ the fraking (Battlestar Galactica reference) posts!

@coreym_vzw, "To clarify, are you still experiencing an issue with" understanding the version of the English language these/us Members are using to compose their/our posts?

@JoeL_VZW, Have you "customer service representatives" READ the posts and forwarded the information to "Technical Support for investigation", as @jav6 (Sr. Member) asked?

@JoeL_VZW, "Have you tried uninstalling the updates on the" Verizon "integrated messaging service" applied when these FAILURES began? My evidence (mentioned in my posts) suggests that was sometime after 19 July 2019.

@vzw_customer_support, "Our goal is to help you move forward." That is why all of us Members have provided as much information about our "Verizon Message(+/s) FAILURES" as our individual technical skills can support.

@AntonioC_VZW, I for one, have done everything I could think of, short of offering to come in and analyze your computer code for you, to help you "isolate this issue" with your Verizon "integrated messaging service" FAILURES.

We are fortunate that @jav6 (Sr. Member), who states that all his Verizon Message apps are working correctly, is following our posts.
He has asked "@vzw_customer_support @coreym_vzw Also to clarify, has anyone within Verizon Tech Support looked at why the synchronization has been failing?"

John

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cjpower7, I use the Message + app on my computer all the time to text, and I would be lost if I was unable to use it. I am here to help and we will get to the bottom of this. When did you update the software of the computer? Have you attempted to use Messages + on a different computer?  SantoC_VZW

0 Likes