Re: Message plus not working on Computer
jafauske
Contributor - Level 1

Agreed LymanT2020,

I'm hoping the other thread might attract some Technical Support.
jav6 (Sr. Member) seems to be asking @vzw_customer_support and @aarons_vzw for attention.

You might wish to monitor this other thread, in case something shows up:
[https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Verizon-Messages/Message-Plus-not-syncing-with-windows-10/m...]

I've updated my test send/receive between my devices. My Z30 has a different cell number from my other 6 devices/web page. Hopefully this screen snap is self explanatory.

Verizon Messages failure matrix_b.png

jafauske
Contributor - Level 1

Between thread: Message plus not working on Computer
And thread: Message Plus not syncing with windows 10
We've had responses from @vzw_customer_support members:
@amberf_vzw
@lorenb_vzw
@nicholek_vzw
@NicoleR_VZW
@pamelaf_vzw
@steveng_vzw

But, so far, no confirmation that any of them have replicated the issue.
And no solutions have been offered.
Could these just be "BOTS"?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello S_Kinison, thank you for contacting us today. We understand the importance of being able to use the PC Messages + application, and we'd love to help. Just to confirm, are you also having this issue? 

UbaldoJ_VZW

0 Likes
jafauske
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon has released an upgrade of Messages for Android from 6.8.5 to 6.8.8.
I reran my test send/receive between my devices.
The results remain identical. The sync failures continue.

Between thread: Message plus not working on Computer
And thread: Message Plus not syncing with windows 10
We've had responses from @vzw_customer_support members:
@amberf_vzw
@aarons_vzw
@kevinm_vzw
@lorenb_vzw
@nicholek_vzw
@NicoleR_VZW
@pamelaf_vzw
@steveng_vzw
@ubaldoj_vzw

But, so far, no confirmation that any of them have replicated the issue.
And no solutions have been offered.
Wondering if these might just be "BOTS"?

Verizon Messages failure matrix_c.png

0 Likes
studey
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anyone had any success resolving this issue.  I've been experiencing this same problem, i.e. Message+ App on Windows 7 can send but not receive for 1-2 weeks.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but there are no differences.  I was hoping for some help from @vzw_customer_support , but perhaps that's wishful thinking.

As stated by others, it actually synchs older messages that were received prior to this period (1-2 weeks).

cjpower7
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having issues on an older Windows 10 build...

Version 1607

(OS Build 14393.2214)

My issues are the same as the others.

Messages can be sent from computer but replies are not received to computer.

Messaging is working fine on Samsung Galaxe S8+.

Problems for me started about a week ago, after a recent Windows update, which ultimately failed and was restored to the previous version. This is typical for me whenever Windows does an update.

I agree that the problem is not with devices but rather specific to the desktop application.

I depend on this and need this to work.

Thanks for listening!

studey
Enthusiast - Level 2

In the Windows 10 thread related to this support made this post:

"Thank you for that information. We currently are having an issue with the updates for that app. We have a temporary work around for this time Being: uninstall updates to Verizon Messages (settings> apps & notifications > Verizon Messages > upper right corner 3 dots> uninstall updates), you can also use your default messaging app for the phone till the concern has been addressed. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please let us know if this helps. EdgarT_VZW"

This looks to be a procedure for the Android phone (which I have).  I'm a bit concernced about proceeding with it since it pops up a message which states, "Replace this app with the factory version?  All data will be removed."

Has anyone else tried it?  Did you lose all of your historical texts?  I'm hopeful that the app on the phone would resynch and reload all of the history.

0 Likes
jafauske
Contributor - Level 1

My apologies Member studey,

I have not tried resetting/reinstalling Messages(+) on any of my 6 devices.
I have only updated Messages+ on my 2 Android devices (6.8.5 to 6.8.8).
I'm hoping/waiting for any of the @vzw_customer_support members to show some evidence that they've ACTUALLY READ our posts and my "send/receive matrix".

My theory/understanding of how Verizon Messages works is that none of our installed apps actually "talk" to each other.

Whichever app we use, sends our text to the Verizon servers and their "apps" check their list of our "Devices registered with integrated messaging service", then send the "message packet" out first to the intended "recipient" and then to each of our other devices, in turn, to keep them all in "sync".

Both my Android devices sync with each other and my 3 Windows(7 and 10) devices sync with each other, but none of the Android devices syncs with any of the Windows devices.
Somehow, my Apple device and Verizon Web sync FROM all other devices, but neither will sync TO any Windows device!
My guess is that the Verizon Maintenance Analysts/Programmers are unable to understand how their "integrated messaging service" processes the "Devices registered with" matrix.

I don't believe our "client" apps have anything to do with this FAILURE.

John

studey
Enthusiast - Level 2

@jafauske 

I concur with your analysis.  It's my belief that the issue is with the Verizon servers.  For some reason it won't synch any messages that were received more recently than a week or two ago with the Windows app.  I've actually just tried the suggested steps and it had absolutely zero impact.  It did make Message+ ask me a list of preference questions as though it were newly installed, but that's it.  

As a workaround I've been using AirDroid, but it has some quirks, such as not receiving messages sent to multiple users (I believe that's because these are no longer handled as straightforward SMS, but rather Multi-media type messages).  Let me know if you find a free alternative that you like.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As someone who is always checking my own messages, I realize how important it is to be able to receive these.  Let’s get it syncing your recent messages again ASAP.  What changes were made to your phone or computer (if any) around the last two weeks when this first started?  What type of phone do you use along with your Windows 7?  Are you able to view the recent messages by using the web app link below (instead of the desktop app)?

http://spr.ly/6600ELLxu

Please notify us of the result.

SeanC_VZW

0 Likes