Message plus not working on Computer
waywardfarm
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not receiving messages on computer app? I can send but not receive. Have uninstalled and reinstalled. Have disconnected computer via phone app and reconnected. It will say syncing but still same problem. Was working fine until few days ago. I have read all the forum and it's still not fixed. I HATE texting from my phone..prefer a laptop or computer. PLease Verizon fix the problem.

Re: Message plus not working on Computer
jafauske
Contributor - Level 1

I can confirm that this "failure to sync" happens in Windows 7 and 10, since at least 19 July 2019.

Verizon Messages (Version 6.8.5 from Google Play Store) continues to sync correctly on my Samsung Galaxy S9+ (SM-G965U, Android ver 9) my primary Verizon cell phone number/account.

Verizon Message+ (Version 3.2.1 from App Store) continues to sync correctly on my iPad Air.

Verizon Messages (Version 6.8.5 from Google Play Store) continues to sync correctly on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 (SM-T830, Android ver 9).

Verizon Messages (Version 2.0.2.0 from Microsoft Store) FAILS to sync correctly on my Windows 10 desktop computer.

Verizon Messages (Version 2.0.2.0 from Microsoft Store) FAILS to sync correctly on my Windows 10 laptop computer.

Verizon Messages (Version 1.0.17.0 from ancient Verizon download) FAILS to sync correctly on my Windows 7 desktop computer.

All three Windows based Verizon Messages apps can SEND but CANNOT receive.

jav6
Champion - Level 3

I just tested Integrated Message+ on my desktop Windows 10 computer.  Both the desktop app (v2.0.2.0) and the browser access (Chrome) synced and received SMS and MMS text messages sent to my number.  I sent the messages from my email to mynumber at vtext.com (SMS) or mynumber at vzwpix.com (MMS).  Working fine for me now and has been.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
jafauske
Contributor - Level 1

Dear jav6 (Sr. Member),

I'm glad your desktop environment allows Message+ to continue syncing for you.

Unfortunately, your testimonial provides no solution for me or waywardfarm (Member) here,

or cratervoid (Member) or csorb (Member) or DStan (Member) or wefuwf (Member) or david_arnesen (Member) or ptoundaian (Member) or Kikov (Member) in this other thread [https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Verizon-Messages/Message-Plus-not-syncing-with-windows-10/t...].

Perhaps you could help identify how your Windows environment differs from all us other members who DO have this failure?

Mine, as well as the others, "was working fine" for years (in my case, at least), but stopped working just recently.

What version of Windows 10 is your Messages+ app working fine in?

Are you using an Anti-Virus app?

Are there any skilled Verizon Messages developers who could use the differing details to figure this out. Or even care about those of us who want Verizon Messages to work for us too?

jav6
Champion - Level 3

My main reason for replying was to confirm that it is NOT a universal issue with all desktop users.  I'm attaching a snapshot of my desktop OS details.

I use McAfee LiveSafe for my desktop security.

0 Likes
jafauske
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you Joe,
I do hope my post did not come across as rude or disrespectful, as that was NOT my intention. I did hope we could all do exactly as you have done; provide specific details to help Verizon Messages developer/QA staff identify what is causing this failure. Though now retired, I've had many years at most phases of software design, development, QA, maintenance, troubleshooting, etc. I am acquainted with how complex identifying a "bug" can be, long before the scope of a "fix" can be assessed.
My first suspicion is that a Microsoft update has "tightened" a loophole Verizon Messages can no longer jump through.

Both my Windows 10 desktop(Professional) and laptop(Home) are current at:
- Windows 10 64-bit
- Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.239)

My Windows 7 desktop is current at:
- Windows 7 Professional SP-1 64-bit (6.1.7601)
- latest update 7/21/2019 (KB4507437)

Norton Security Deluxe Version 22.17.3.50 (all 3 of my Windows machines)

My theory only fits the details if Microsoft made some similar change to both Windows 10 Home and Pro, as well as Windows 7, on about the same date (approx 19 July 2019)

Sincerely, John

Giantbear4
Enthusiast - Level 2

my message app stopped working today as well at about 10am est.  I am using windows 10

jafauske
Contributor - Level 1

Giantbear4,

I have no idea if our postings can attract any responsible and/or capable people from Verizon, who can investigate/fix this Messages failure.

If we can get some attention, it might help them if you can identify your exact version of Windows 10.

In case you are (or anyone else is) unfamiliar with how to find that; tap the "Windows" key, then type "winver" and tap "Enter".

A window should pop up with the details, like the ones I provided above.

Wish us luck!

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Has anyone experiencing this issue made any changes recently with their Verizon account that has Integrated Messaging? Like, change password, add/delete devices or anything? It could be there is something going on with the processes or databases involved on the servers doing the synchronization of messages on devices associated with the accounts. Generally, when this gets escalated to other levels of tech support behind the scenes, we don't hear about what was found and/or fixed. Sometimes things just start working again.

0 Likes
jafauske
Contributor - Level 1

In my case, I have made NO changes of any kind to my Verizon Account details since activating the cell number in my Verizon Messages March 2016 with a new Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.
I replaced the S7 Edge (battery was bulging) with my current S9+ March 2018.

All 5 other "Devices registered with integrated messaging service" (see attached snapshot below) have worked smoothly (with only a few glitches) over all the intervening years.

gts4lwifi = Samsung Galaxy Tab S4
- working since April 2019 - continues to sync correctly today

JohnF iPad = Apple iPad Air
- working since July 2016 - continues to sync correctly today

Only all 3 Windows based Messages apps (2 different versions) stopped working.

I've done some more checking and Verizon Messages stopped working, seemingly NOT corresponding to any Windows Updates:

P6T-DELUXE-V2 - last sync 7/19 - OS was at Windows 7 Pro SP-1 64-bit (6.1.7601)
- before latest update 7/21/2019 (KB4507437)

P9X79 - last sync 7/19 - OS was at Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.615)

Dell_XPS_15_JAF - last sync 7/17 - OS was at Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.239)

I'm changing my "theory" to it being something Verizon changed somewhere in their system.
Any other theories? Can we dig up any more details?

Verizon Messages not working 2019-07-25b.png