Message+ on a second phone?
HowardG

I'd like to be able to install the Message+ application on an old Android phone and register it against my Verizon number in a similar fashion to how it can be configured on a tablet.  Is this possible?  Thanks!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Message+ on a second phone?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I think the app "knows" if it's downloading to a phone or a tablet.  I do know that, even though tablets are assigned a phone number if activated with a data plan, you cannot use that number to text - it needs to be connected to PHONE number to work.

So the app is detecting a phone installation, and is looking for the number assigned to that device.  I haven't yet played with this on a deactivated phone ... is there a place to enter a number of an active phone (the phone whose texts you want to see on this deactivated phone?)  Or is it insisting on using the phone's number, that in this case isn't there?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't know if it's possible or not - is the phone currently active on another number?  If so, you may have to use that number for texting and trying to see texts from a different number won't work,

If it is not currently active, and you are using it wifi only, it MAY be possible.  I have a couple of older phones that are inactive right now, and I can see what happens if I try to set up Messages using my current number.  I suppose you could do the same,  It'll work, or it won't.  Let us know what you find out!

0 Likes
HowardG

SuzyQ, thanks for jumping in.  No, the phone is not active.  In fact, there isn't even a SIM card installed.  However, the Message+ app when downloaded from the Play Store seems to be trying to tie to a number.  I'm wondering if there is a setting I'm just not seeing or if there is a different version of the app (tablet edition?) I should be trying to install.

Thanks!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I think the app "knows" if it's downloading to a phone or a tablet.  I do know that, even though tablets are assigned a phone number if activated with a data plan, you cannot use that number to text - it needs to be connected to PHONE number to work.

So the app is detecting a phone installation, and is looking for the number assigned to that device.  I haven't yet played with this on a deactivated phone ... is there a place to enter a number of an active phone (the phone whose texts you want to see on this deactivated phone?)  Or is it insisting on using the phone's number, that in this case isn't there?

0 Likes