Message+ on MacBook Pro runs very slow and lags very badly
rzimon

Using Message+ version 2.5.2 on my MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014) laptop.

My laptop is running macOS Mojave 10.14.6 

Everytime I open Message+ it lags very badly and to the point that most times I shut it down right away. It's been an issue from the time I loaded it months ago. 

Is this just the quality of softare the end user must either deal with or remove it from their device? If so what value does Verizon add by having products put out there that dont perform? Ive seen so many people complain about this product so apparently its a global issue.

0 Likes
Re: Message+ on MacBook Pro runs very slow and lags very badly
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rzimon, we want to ensure you can use Message+ on your MacBook Pro as needed. We welcome the opportunity to assist with this matter. At present, there are no known issues with the Message+ Desktop app and MacOS Mojave 10.14.6. There was a syncing issue for some when 10.14 was first released last year but that was resolved with an update to the Desktop app last November. Currently, the only known issue is with Windows 10. Since your app is running slowly, we would recommend uninstalling and reinstalling it to see if the performance improves with a clean install. If you still encounter an issue, let us know so we can look into getting a ticket filed. 

EbonyR_VZW

Tags (1)
0 Likes
HHgarris
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue 

Message+ version 2.5.2

macOS Version 10.14.6 (18G1012)

0 Likes
Rmoran

I had the same problem as rzimon on my MacBook Pro, first with Mojave and continuing with Catalina. I do not have any problem when using the app on my iPad. I found that the lag only occurred when I was dealing with threads with many messages. I noticed the lag particularly when trying to type a reply. There isn't a problem with shorter threads.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and it made no difference. Since this is only happeniing on my MacBook Pro (with two different versions of OS), and not with the iPad, I think there must be a programming issue of some sort.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello HHgarris, having issues with the Message+ on your MacBook can be frustrating, especially if its running slow and lags badly. When did the issue start? What recent changes have occurred? Aside from the speeds, any other issues?

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rmoran, we certainly want everything to work for you the way that it should be. Most likely only happening with the larger threads, since the app is constantly refreshing the messages. 

However, you can alert our App Developers for that app at VerizonMessages@VerizonWireless.com

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
markfjohnson
Enthusiast - Level 1

Would like to see some fixes here because I too have experienced this problem and have been experiencing this problem for a while.  Verizon always says they are unaware of the problem (read the postings please) and never fixes it when I raise the issue as others in this thread have done.   This MacOS app has great possibility.  PLEASE work with your engineering group to realize that possibility.

HHgarris
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have OSX mojave and it has lagged since ive installed it.  Mid November. Is there an app update coming out soon?  Lots of people are having this issue but I dont see anyone getting it resolved.

Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for visiting our community member forum, HHgarris. We're sorry to learn that you're experiencing lag on your device. To clarify, only the Message+ app lags on your MacBook Pro since updating the iOS? How much storage spaces is available on the drive that the app is installed on? Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing it? EricW_VZW

0 Likes
toniintc

I have the same issue.  It's basically unusable on my up-to-date Macbook Pro.  Uses all CPU resources and lags badly.  Seriously - you have many people with the same issue, this shouldn't be that hard to fix.

0 Likes