Message+ not working on multiple devices
Lloyd2000
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am trying to setup the Message+ app on two devices, iPhone XR and iPad mini.  I have the latest available iOS software installed on both devices.  I have the latest version of Message+ installed on both devices.  I have restarted both devices.  Whenever I set up Message+ on one device, it deactivates Message+ on the other app.  "Deactivating" meaning, I have to go through the activation prompts and scan the QR code to enable the Message+ app.  I understand Message+ allows a maximum of 5 devices.  When I check "Managed Devices", I only see two devices.  I have even tried removing all devices but I did not resolve the problem.

I would like to be able to use Message+ app on both devices, but am only able to activate the app on one device at a time.  Any suggestions?  

Thank you,

Lloyd

Re: Message+ not working on multiple devices
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to for your Messages to work the way you need them to. Have you attempted to uninstall and reinstall the app on both devices?

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes
Lloyd2000
Enthusiast - Level 2

I deleted the Message+ app on both devices and reinstalled.  

0 Likes
Lloyd2000
Enthusiast - Level 2

I deleted the Message+ app on both devices and reinstalled.  Message+ will still not activate on both devices.  Could it be something specific with the devices?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sure it's not the devices, Lloyd2000. Once you are logged into Messages+, please select Menu> Stay Logged In. You can do this on both devices. 

Let's see if that helps. 

VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Lloyd2000 wrote:

I am trying to setup the Message+ app on two devices, iPhone XR and iPad mini.  I have the latest available iOS software installed on both devices.  I have the latest version of Message+ installed on both devices.  I have restarted both devices.  Whenever I set up Message+ on one device, it deactivates Message+ on the other app.  "Deactivating" meaning, I have to go through the activation prompts and scan the QR code to enable the Message+ app.  I understand Message+ allows a maximum of 5 devices.  When I check "Managed Devices", I only see two devices.  I have even tried removing all devices but I did not resolve the problem.

I would like to be able to use Message+ app on both devices, but am only able to activate the app on one device at a time.  Any suggestions?  

Thank you,

Lloyd

Do you have Integrated Messaging activated and are you using the same phone number for Message+?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Lloyd2000
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do not see an option to stay logged in under settings.  FYI I am using the Messag+ app on iPhone and iPad.  I would show screen shot of available options under settings but I don’t see an option to send nclud3 screen shot.

0 Likes
Lloyd2000
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same phone number but not sure if I have integrated messaging activated.  Could that be the problem?  What is integrated messaging and how do I activate/deactivate?

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Lloyd2000 wrote:

Same phone number but not sure if I have integrated messaging activated.  Could that be the problem?  What is integrated messaging and how do I activate/deactivate?

Yes, that could be the problem.  Integrated Messaging allows multiple devices to log into Message+ using the same phone number.  This allows phone, desktop, tablet, etc all to share/see/text using that phone number.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Lloyd2000
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you, it sounds like I would ant integrated messaging on. But could that be 5he causing the problem with multiple devices?

0 Likes