Message+ not working after UI 3.1 update
Jpea
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just installed the Android 11 UI 3.1 on my tablet and now Message+ won't even launch. It just crashes and says "message+ keeps stopping" I went through ALL trouble shooting steps with Samsung and since this is the only app that's having issues they are saying it's a Verizon issue with their app. Anyone else having the same issue after the update?

Re: Message+ not working after UI 3.1 update
Morph2b
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem, which started after the android 11 update.

0 Likes
Fire7rayne
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having issues with Textra not sending and media,  even emojis in a text wont let the whole message thru, every other text even without these isn't going through since mid day yesterday.  One pic was hung up before I updated but it has definitely gotten worse since I updated and that's bad when texts appear to go through but still show 3 dots as sending...

0 Likes
Fire7rayne
Enthusiast - Level 1

tiac47
Enthusiast - Level 1

Exact same issue, same date, on Galaxy Tab S7 Wi-Fi only.  Also, cannot set up "Call and Text on other devices" on Galaxy Tab S7 as my Verizon Galaxy S10 (also updated to Android 11 the day before) phone says there is no app installed that can read / use the QR code generated by the tablet.  Interestingly, the Message+ app works just fine on the phone.  All the usual trouble clearing methods have failed so far.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, we are here to aid in any way we can. Please send us a Private Note to continue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are here to help, Morph2b! Have you already ensured that Messages+ is fully up to date? If it is, have you tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it?

- ScottD_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be happy to help! Have you already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

ScottD_VZW

0 Likes
Morph2b
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes,  I uninstalled and reinstalled it from Google Play.  Message+ version 7.1.1, with all permissions allowed.  It's set up just like it was before and also like it is on my Samsung phone.  Differences:

Tablet is a Samsung Tab S7, SW is Android Version 11, installed 1/27/2021.   That's when Message+ stopped opening on the tablet, it just quickly flashes and then is gone, although it shows up as a black page with the red app logo at the top when I check for any open apps.

Phone is a Samsung Galaxy S8, SW is Android Version 9.  Message+ is version 7.1.1.  Message+ is still working correctly (so far) on the phone.  

Please fix this.  I'm clearly not the only person with this problem since our devices rolled out Android 11.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

These details are helpful, tiac47. To confirm, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

0 Likes