Re: Message+ not syncing at all on OSX Mojave
Robisan

Hey Verizon, your entire Message+ macOS app is broken. IT DOES NOT WORK. AT ALL.

Are we ever going to get a real response or fix for this?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I see. Thank you for sharing those details with us DAMSIS30. We know how difficult it can be to continue to have issues with your Message+ OSX application, and believe me this is definitely not the reason that we want you to have, and we will be glad to help you get this resolved. When was the last time that you updated the software in your device, and also have you checked to see if there are any pending updates that need to be made to your phone?

DavidR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
misterlds
Enthusiast - Level 2

[removed]

Let me make this clear for the third time.

#1 We are only talking about Apple Computers running Mac OSX Version 10.14 Mojave.

[removed]

#2 We are talking about Verizon Message+ Version 2.4.7. This is an application from Verizon for Macintosh computers running OSX.

WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT ANY OTHER VERSION OF MESSAGE+

Our phones work fine.

Message+ works fine on all other devices including the browser application on web.vma.vzw.com

There is nothing wrong with our Message+ accounts.

The problem started happening with Mac OSX Version 10.14 Mojave released a few weeks ago.

[removed]

This is not a device problem, this is not an account problem, this is not a user problem... it's a problem with the application.

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
Robisan

1) This is NOT a phone app. This is the Message+ Apple Mac COMPUTER app. In my case an Apple Macbook Pro laptop computer.

2) I have updated to the latest Mac operating system named "Mojave" (version 10.14). Under this new, latest, current MacOS the VZW Messages+ app does not work. At all.

3) There is no update to the Message+ app for Mac computers. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the current, latest Message+ app on my Macbook Pro computer. It does not work. It will not sync. It will not retrieve messages. It will not send messages. It does nothing.

4) This MacOS computer app needs to be fixed and updated. I cannot state the facts any more clearly than this.

Can you please confirm for us that you have advised the VZW tech department that this app needs to be fixed and updated? Thank you.

0 Likes
nxfan

Upgrading to Mojave on two of the three Macbooks I have has broken Message+.  The OS X app, not the iOS app.  I have completely removed the app from both, ran a filesystem search and removed all traces of anything Verizon, checked for system updates and reinstalled the Message+ app.  Yet every time I start the app it fails to sync.  I can use the website from my Macbooks with no issues.  My other Macbook which is running High Sierra is working fine. My Windows 10 laptop is working fine and the app on my Galaxy S8+ is working fine.  When will Verizon be updating the app in the Apple Store with a version of Message+ that will run under Mojave (OS X 10.14.xx)?

0 Likes
Robisan

Just curious - Does Verizon simply not care that this app doesn't work? Can we at least get an acknowledgement from Verizon Customer Service that this problem is unresolved?

‎Message+ on the Mac App Store

There's the link. That app is broken. It does not work AT ALL on the current Mac operating system.

Buelher? Buelher?

Pretty please, can we get some help here? Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Robisan, 

Being able to use the Message+ app on your Mac is everything. We apologize for the trouble you're having. We were able to confirm that the Message+ app development team is aware of the trouble with the MacOS compatibility issues and they are actively working towards a resolution. We appreciate your patience while we work to return things to normal.

Shawnte_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
misterlds
Enthusiast - Level 2

When is this going to be resolved?  Verizon has revenue of $126 billion dollars.  I think you can afford to pay an App developer to fix this problem.  We're going on a month with no resolution or quality feedback.  As a consumer, I made my purchasing decision of hardware and wireless carrier based on features.  One of the most important features to me is the ability to respond to text messages on my computer.  I keep paying full price for Verizon service, but I'm not being provided with the tools I need to use it.

0 Likes
DAMSIS30
Enthusiast - Level 2

Three weeks ago I also submitted an issue report through the app interface and received an auto-reply that the report was received and someone would get back to me, but no surprise I never received a response from a human.

History proves once again, Verizon doesn't care about this app.

0 Likes
RAYMIL79

I updated my MAC to Mojave and I now am also having this issue.  I had to search for a current thread that pertained to the issue.  This seems like such an easy issue to be fixed.  I did some packet captures and it appears the tlsv1.2 on the server is not compatible anymore with the client.  Sessions to Dst: 69.165.107.22  are being reset because the server tls and the client tls appear to not be able to negotiate an encrypted session.

Verizon:  Hint - you can fix this!

0 Likes