Message+ not showing all messages on desktop
hartman14
Enthusiast - Level 2

1. Some messages received on my phone do not show up in Message+ on my desktop.  Those that do not appear include all messages with codes to complete two-factor authentication to sign in to online accounts.  What can I do to have these messages come through to Message+ on the desktop?

2. How do you update the desktop Message+?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Message+ not showing all messages on desktop
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

They are still secured messages and won't sync to other devices only to the original phone. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Please read the FAQs for Verizon Messages. Secure messages like two factor messages are not available on the secondary devices you sync your messages to. 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-messages-faqs/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
hartman14
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks.  I did read through the FAQ but I didn't see anything that address my issue.  Looking through it again, I still don't see anything about it.  There is a line that some features are not available on a computer, but that doesn't explain that two-factor authentication messages won't appear.  

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Number 7 under the syncing across multiple devices section. 

0 Likes
hartman14
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK, thanks for your reply.  But messages supporting two-factor authentication are not HIPAA protected PHI.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

They are still secured messages and won't sync to other devices only to the original phone. 

0 Likes
hartman14
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ann -

Thank you. That makes sense.  I guess it makes the two-factor procedure more secure.  Verizon could make the FAQ clearer about what constitutes a "secure" message that will not pass over to the desktop Message+.  The passage you referenced is specific to personal health information. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello hartman14! We know it's vital that your app is up to date. Here is a link with more information: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-203105/ We hope this helps. 

AaronS_VZW

0 Likes
hartman14
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, but following the instructions don't get me there. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Two factor authentication codes will not be forwarded to the desktop, as these messages are meant to only go to your device. 

PedroM_VZW