Message+ not sending scheduled messages
Linnea918

After composting and scheduling a text message, a pop-up appears letting me know my message has been scheduled. From that pop-up, I can choose to view scheduled messages or just select OK. If I click OK, the scheduled message does NOT send. If I click View then exit the Message+ app, the message will send. I don't want to view scheduled messages every time I create one. Is there some way around this or is it an write in the app?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Message+ not sending scheduled messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Linnea918, we want you use every feature of your Message+ app without any issues. What troubleshooting steps have you been able to complete in order to fix the issue with the scheduled text messages? Have you tried setting a scheduled message on another Verizon device to see if the issue persists on another phone?

Jesus_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Verne8
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the exact same problem. It will work for months and then for now rhyme or reason quit.  A few months ago I went to tech support and the first person who helped me seemed to fix it. It didn't last. I called again. The second  person got it fixed but here I am back at the same situation. I did what she did but I'm not sure it is going to last. First she went to Apps, Message+, then I clicked on "Disable" and disabled the app. Then I want to Google Play store and uninstalled the app. Then I restarted my phone.  I went back to Apps and had to "enable" Message+ or it wouldn't have been my default app. I use this feature many times every day. And I get confident and stop checking to see if messages are sent and then this happens again and important things have not been communicated. Either disable the feature all together or get it to work, Verizon!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being to rely on a feature to work within an application is very important, Verne8. I am happy to assist. When you notice the feature is not working, is the Google Play Store showing that the application is up to date? Also, have any other changes been made to the phone such as other third-party applications being installed?

GregL_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Verne8
Enthusiast - Level 2

In November I had the same problem. The first tech support person got it "working" but that "fix" only lasted till the next day. The second tech support person got it working and it has worked for about 2 months now. I've re-done what she did and it still acts erratically. It will send a scheduled texts sometimes and not others. It doesn't matter if the text is 50 characters or 500 characters long. It is just indiscriminate about it.

I've updated the app. I've force stop-ed it. I've disabled it. I've uninstalled and re-installed it.  I've rebooted it in between each step and waited to see if it really FIXED it before moving on to the next possibility. So far,nothing has been a permanent fix. I can get it to work randomly at best and that is useless to me. This is a feature I use every day so this is very annoying.

There is also more than one way to schedule a message. I've tried them too. It makes no difference.

Nothing on my phone has changed. Not even new apps.

Thank you so much for responding!