Re: Message+ messages not staying in order
brewer98

this is happening to me and several other friends of mine as well.  This definitely seems like an app issue. it started about a month ago for all of us after an app update

0 Likes
MANBOT47
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes!  Mine as well.  Any support from verizon on this issue yet?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jurroppi1, we are sorry to hear that you are experiencing these issues with your messages. These days messaging is the number one form of communication and this absolutely would make it a challenge to keep up. You have taken some great steps to get this resolved. Have you noticed if this out of order situation is specific to messages that you have with specific types of devices? Have you attempted to completely message those particular message threads and start from new?

Loren_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
E_HUTCH

I have followed the thread and taken the recommended steps but I also still have the problem. It is independent of the devices used by the people with whom I am messaging and is still presenting itself on both my phone and my wife's phone.

0 Likes
mnvikes19

I'm having what seems like the same issue as everyone else here - almost all texts received are time-stamped by the server about 10-12 minutes in the future from when I receive them.  The issue started a month ago (time-stamp was only 2-3 minutes in the future) and the time disparity has gradually gotten worse since.  Basically the message is received immediately, but the "Server Time" in Message Details is 11 minutes in the future, so when I reply a minute after receiving the text, my sent message appears 10 minutes earlier in the conversation than the received text.  Texts from both Android and iPhones appear this way on my phone.  Other people's phones appear with the correct text times.  Occasionally I'll receive a text that's time-stamped 2 minutes in the past as well (so it'll appear before my previously sent message), but the vast majority are 10-12 minutes in the future.

I'm using a Samsung S7, with full software update (last one was on 15Jun2018) and Message+ Version 6.6.6.

Fixes I've tried so far:

-Switching default app to regular "Messages" app and restarting.  Incorrect time-stamp is still applied and messages appear in the same order as in the Message+ app (this makes me think it's not an app issue, but idk).

-Clearing cache in both Message+ and Messages apps, restarting.  No change.

-Backed up SMS/MMS and then clearing data and cache of both Message+ and Messages app and restarting.  No change.

-Unchecking the "Automatic date and time."  No change.  Rechecking "Automatic date and time." No change.

Hopefully that helps give more info as to what's happening.  Don't know if that's common with everyone else in the thread, but that's what I've experienced.

0 Likes
mgrife79
Enthusiast - Level 2

That is pretty much the same thing that is happening to me and it is getting VERY annoying.  It is getting harder and harder trying to figure out what message you are replying to or even where you are in a conversation.  I wish this would be fixed sooner rather than later.  I am at the point where I am going to start asking my phone contacts if they have some other type of messaging option like KIK or IMO or something just so I don't have to deal with this mess.  Beyond frustrated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I thank you all for these details, and Loren_VZW may be on the right pathway forward. Have the text conversations or thread been completely erased to start a brand new thread?

David_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mnvikes19

Have the text conversations or thread been completely erased to start a brand new thread?

I don't really understand the question, but the messages I've received don't erase the conversation, just added to an existing conversation but in the wrong time slot (10-12 minutes in the future from the moment received).

Because you mentioned it, I did erase an entire conversation with a friend to try it out.  He also has a Samsung S7 with Verizon as well, but uses Textra for messaging.  Results using Message+: The first text received was time-stamped 12 minutes in the future, the second text received was 2 minutes in the past, the next 10-15 texts received were all between 12-13 minutes in the future.

I then installed and made textra my default messaging app to try that.  All previous messages (in the above paragraph) were recorded with the same time as they were in Message+.  However, all new messages received were in the correct order, and I'll probably continuing using this for the time being.  Therefore I do think it's an app issue, as brewer98 stated.

This might help in troubleshooting tho - textra lists both a "sent" and "received" time.  The following conversation happened using textra as default messaging app:

- I sent a question over text at 3:47

- I got a specific reply to my question at 3:48, labelled in textra as Sent 3:00pm, received 3:48pm

- I replied at 3:48.  All texts remained in correct order

This to me indicates that something is off with the sent/received time in Message+.  That sent/receive time is 48 minutes in the past (however if adding an hour to sent time - presumably a time change to eastern, it'll be equal to that 12 minutes in the future).  Additionally, looking back in Message+, these texts (the ones I had when textra was my default app) remained in the correct order and did not appear 12 mins in the future.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, MANBOT47 and thanks for letting us know you need assistance. We need to gather a bit more information from you. When you say "Mine as well," can you please give us specific information as to what is going on? If we can use your device as an example and the issue isn't resolved by Tier 2 Tech support, we will then escalate to Tier 3. What message App do you use, have you reset the Message app (Force close, uninstall, delete) ONLY after you have backed up your messages? Have you also tried switching to a different texting app? Please give us as many details as possible so we have a baseline for everyone that is experiencing the same issue. We will be standing by.

Tina_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mnvikes19,

I appreciate the additional details about what's going on with the time stamp on your messages. Let's dive deeper into this. Can you confirm the incorrect time stamp applies to your messages with Messages+ & Textra? Are these apps both updated?

Juan_VZW

0 Likes