Message+ messages not staying in order
mgrife79
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I reply to a message in the Message+ app it will move my reply to a random spot  - usually 2 or 3 messages back - in the message string.  It doesn't matter if I reply in the popup box or if I go into the actual message string to reply.  I use a Samsung S7 Edge.  I just updated the app on my phone and it doesn't make a difference.  This has been happening for about a week now.  It is getting hard to figure out what message I have replied to because it doesn't keep it in sent/received order.

Labels (1)
Re: Message+ messages not staying in order
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It concerns us to hear that your messages are not being displayed correctly, Mgrife79. We understand the inconvenience of having messages in different parts of the conversation, and we want to ensure that this is corrected as soon as possible. We have some questions to better assist. Do you remember doing anything different on your device prior to the start of this issue? From what you mentioned, is it only your sent messages that are out of order? If there is an issue with your Message + application, we can reset it, for it to restart and clear any errors. Please follow the steps on the link attached and Clear Data on the Verizon Messages + application. Completing this step will not delete any of your texts. Please let us know what you experience after completing this step. http://spr.ly/6589DYsPf

David_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mgrife79
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is nothing that I can remember doing that would have been any different than normal use.  I completed the "Clear Data" step and went and replied to a message and it did the same thing.  It seems to be an issue with the time stamp?  For example...I will get a message and reply.  My reply will be moved back 2 or 3 messages because it says I received the message I replied to AFTER I sent my reply to it.  I am looking at a current message string and it says the message I replied to was received at 3:31pm and it is only 3:29pm.  The received message will show the current time UNTIL I reply to it.  It then will say I received the message for a time that hasn't even happened yet.  Samsung did have a system update that I installed this morning but it didn't make a difference.

JimB_MN
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having this problem as well.  I recently upgraded my s7 Edge to Android 8 and I suspect that is part of the problem.  I agree with the mgrife79 that I receive a text and it's timestamp is about 4 minutes into the future.  I do use message+ on a tablet and desktop computer as well, and have checked to make sure they are on the same time as my phone. 

Please help.  I saw in another thread there may be an issue created 98094-050318. 

0 Likes
E_HUTCH

I am also having this problem, both of our phones have the problem, both are LG G5, only change we have done was to upgrade our plan. Received messages often have a random time stamp that is after the current time so newer sent messages get ordered before the older received messages.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help has arrived, JimB_MN! We recommend you to follow the next steps to clear cookies and chache on the application itself. Settings>Applications, select Verizon Message +, tap on Storage, select clear cache, clear data. After completed, please restart your device.

Maria_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jurroppi1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same exact problem and if I swipe left on my messages I can see that the timestamps coming from the server are incorrect some of them will be 6 minutes in the future. Sometimes the messages show up correct and in order sometimes they show up in backwards order descending newest to oldest up above my replies. It gets really difficult to determine what the heck the context is in a given message. The app is up to date I've tried clearing cache, I tried clearing data and I'm not going to factory reset my phone to try to fix this problem because it doesn't work for other people either and it's way too much hassle for no return. The chat feature boys gets turned back on at every update and that keeps messages from coming through until I connect to Wi-Fi which isn't always available so that feature needs to be set to disabled so I can even get messages.

0 Likes
jurroppi1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry autocorrect goofed up the following sentence: "The chat feature boys gets turned back on at every update and that keeps messages from coming through until I connect to Wi-Fi which isn't always available so that feature needs to be set to disabled so I can even get messages." "boys" should be always in the above.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Texting is how we all communicate E_HUTCH. We want to keep you connected. Have you tried clearing the data on the application? Here is a link that will help: http://spr.ly/6589DYsPf Please keep us posted.

Rosanne_VZW

0 Likes
jurroppi1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Um, yeah. Did you read my message? I stated that I tried that already.

0 Likes