Re: Message+ keeps muting a conversation
Cynnerthia
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here are the troubleshooting steps that I've tried (minus repetition of steps):

1. Unmuted the conversation on my phone.

2. Unmuted the conversation on my phone/tablet/laptop.

3. Deleted the entire conversation off my phone/tablet/laptop.

4. Checked to see if the app was up to date. (The version is current).

5. Unmuted the conversation on my phone/tablet/laptop and resync'd my phone with Verizon Cloud.

6. I followed this troubleshooting guide: http://vz.to/2hgRAXy

7. Checked to see if the app was up to date. (The version is current).

The next step seems to try to factory reset my phone to see if that helps, but as SUECONNICK​ stated -- factory reset didn't do anything.  On the side note, I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one experiencing issues.  I really thought it was just user error at first, and I was missing a step.  I really appreciate everyone helping us and trying to figure it out.

NARYA12
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am also having this issue, but mine seems to happen only on Monday mornings, every week, for the past month or so. I was testing the mute feature with my husband. I muted him, then unmuted him several minutes later. Ever since then, Monday mornings when I turn on my phone, my conversation with him is muted. I didn't even test it on a Monday morning!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NARYA12 -

Having a phone conversation mute on you is never fun. I'd be sad if I felt left out of an important conversation. Let's figure out why this is happening.

Have you checked the play store for an update? http://bit.ly/2oQAxu0. If the app is up to date and you're still having this issue, let's attempt to reset the app. this will not erase any content. Since I do not know your specific phone model please note that the steps can vary slightly and if you're having any issues let us know: http://vz.to/2p0DtVl.

EricaC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
NARYA12
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's up to date & been reset multiple times.

0 Likes
Chasestone_03
Enthusiast - Level 1

Both my wife and I have the same issue. I have the Samsung S7 and my wife has an LG 5. This has been going on for quite some time now. As it was stated before, Google searches have been no help. Glad to see there is now a thread dealing with this situation.

Our message+ app is up to date also. I have also physically witnessed the auto muting on my phone. It happens when I type a message and when I hit the send button is when I physically see the "muted" message pop up. What's weird is that on my phone it only mutes my wife's conversation. On my wife's phone it mutes my conversations.

Hope to see this resolved soon as it's pretty annoying. I don't like getting in trouble for not reading messages I didn't know I had. Smiley Happy

jav6
Champion - Level 3

Has this been escalated to Verizon technical support to try to duplicate this issue? It seems the troubleshooting suggestions here are being repeated over and over.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NARYA12 -

I have lifted this up to our programmers for further assistance. I am sending you a private message. Please reply to me there. I appreciate your patience with us!

EricaC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jav6, I want to thank you and the rest of the community for your patience.  I must admit I have not heard of this problem, but will do everything I can to help fix it. Here are some instructions that might help fix the problem:

1) open the text of the user

2) click on the down arrow beside their phone number top left (conversation setting should open)

3) change the notification setting (if the setting selector is gray then they are muted)

RalphT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand this important for you, Chasestone_03. We certainly don't want you to get in trouble for not reading important messages. We certainly want to get to the bottom of this and get this resolved. I would like to look into this deeper and get additional information. I have sent you a Private Message, so we continue to work on this together. I look forward to hearing from you.

GersonG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
AFC123
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too am having this issue. It started months ago while I still was using Galaxy S7 edge and now that I am using the Galaxy S8+ the problem persists. It only mutes a single contact (which happens to be my wife).  It can go days/weeks without muting and then I will randomly open the app and will see the conversation has been muted.

I have followed all the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this thread and everything is up to date.

Cannot figure this out for the life of me and am on the verge of deleting this app altogether.