Message+ keeps muting a conversation
Cynnerthia
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the Galaxy S8+ and I absolutely love using Message+ for all my texting... I've used it since I had the S6.  But I've encountered a problem that I don't know how to solve, and Google search hasn't been very helpful.  I muted a single conversation months ago, because my brother-in-law likes to spam my phone sometimes to be funny and annoying.  I unmuted the conversation the next day and this is where my issue appears.

Randomly over the months, Message+ will remute the conversation and I have missed important messages because of it.  I have to keep undoing the mute, and it's become a habit to check every day and night to see if that infamous mute symbol is next to the conversation.  I've tried deleting the entire conversation off my phone, tablet, and web. I've tried updating.  I've tried switching to the default messaging program and then back to Message+.  But, even with a brand new conversation with my brother-in-law, it will randomly become muted.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem and how can I fix it? I'm becoming quite annoyed that nothing seems to be working.

Labels (1)
Re: Message+ keeps muting a conversation
GHK012
Enthusiast - Level 2

same issue on my Note8 and Htc 9.  I have only muted 1 person in my lifetime.  I turn off the mute function on my current cell phone and within a day or so, the conversations shows muted again. 

I am wondering if I muted the contact on another phone that it is syncing to "mute" even if I unmute from another phone.  Otherwise, I have no idea why it randomly mutes

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Text messaging is how we all communicate, so we want to be sure your texts are working correctly for you. What we want to try next is resetting the Message+ app. Here is a link that will help: http://vz.to/2hgRAXy

RosanneM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Cynnerthia
Enthusiast - Level 3

I followed the troubleshooting directions to reset the app.  I'll follow up in about a week to see if that made a difference, since the auto-mute wasn't always on a consistent time frame.  Thank you so much, and I hope this works!

Cynnerthia
Enthusiast - Level 3

Actually, I didn't need to wait a week.  I woke up this morning and the conversation was auto-muted again.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for working with us, let's keep moving towards a long-lasting solution. Is the Message+ application up to date? We can check this by going to the Play Store, then tapping the menu icon, tap "My apps and games", then tap on the Message+ application.

ChrisM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SUECONNICK
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem for months now.  with only one contact.  I even reset my phone back to factory settings, and it still happens.

Cynnerthia
Enthusiast - Level 3

My app is completely up to date (I have it on auto-update on WIFI), but even after double checking, it's still current.  I've also tried deleting the conversation on my phone/tablet/laptop and starting a new conversation. I just recently followed directions to troubleshoot the app. Nothing seems to be working. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SUECONNICK,

I appreciate the steps you've taken. What happens when you remove/delete the contact from your device then message with the number not saved in your phone?

KatiM_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to get to the bottom of this. May we ask what troubleshooting steps you went through? KleoL_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes