Message+ issues with group member who changed carriers.
CRSmith81

I have a group setup through message . One of the group members that was using Verizon Message  has switched carriers to Sprint and now he is no longer receiving messages in the group.  It is very important for all of my group members to receive messages as it is pertinent to their kids getting where they need to be and when and I can't be in a situation where they are not receiving messages.   My assumption is message  still thinks this person is using message  and attempting to deliver them that way much like iMessage when someone had an iPhone and switches to Android.  Does anyone have any ideas on how to remedy this.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Message+ issues with group member who changed carriers.
CRSmith81

So when I posted message plus it removed the plus sign but for information I am using the message plus app and he was using the message plus app before switching carriers and phones.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand your urgency since the message does involve kids. Let's work to figure this out. If you use the device standard message app (green) does this person receive the message?

DeloresK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CRSmith81

When I use default message app yes he gets messages.  If I use message plus to just sent a text to him he gets it.  It is only in the group of message plus that he doesn't get them.  I believe message plus app thinks he is still using message plus.

0 Likes
doloresk_vzw
Verizon Employee

Thank you for working with us as we figure out a resolution. Can you please create a group message using the standard message app and keep us posted?

0 Likes
CRSmith81

A group message works just fine. It is when I create a group within Verizon message plus that it fails.   If I send a message to multiple people from Verizon message plus app he gets it no problem.  It is strictly confined to creating an actual group within message plus that the problem happens.

0 Likes
albertor_vzw
Verizon Employee

I understand the importance of getting this working right. Are you creating a new group or using an existing thread? What model device do you have?

AlbertoR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes