Re: Message+ is deleting my group messages randomly
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MAMABREEN, I appreciate the information you've provided. Resolving the issue you're having with your group text messages is our number one goal. Please let us know if the issue continues.

JacobV_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MAMABREEN

Unfortunately this didn't fix the problem. It happened again Smiley Sad

On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 2:15 PM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm disappointed to hear that the issue came back after clearing the cache and data as well as uninstalling updates, MAMABREEN. After doing this did you install the app updates right away or were you able to test without the app updates by chance? You mentioned this has been happening for about a month. Do you recall any changes that happened just before this issue started? Are you seeing any kind of pattern as to when the group message disappears?

LaurenC_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MAMABREEN

I did the update right away. I just did a factory reset on my phone but I

think it will still happen. Nothing else changed as far as I know. No

pattern that I can see. It's now deleting the conversation with 9 people

instead of the one with 3.

On Sep 24, 2017 3:42 PM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
AMYWAL78

All the same issues here. So frustrating. I hope you can fix this!

0 Likes
TIMHUM44

I am having the same issue as described.  Random deletion of group messages on my Moto Force.  I switched from Message+ to the native Moto message app and the problem disappeared - it is clearly an issue with Message+.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TIMHUM44, so sorry to hear you were experiencing issues with Messages Plus. We always want to provide you with only the best in service for our products. May I ask, was the software for Messages Plus up to date? Any new software updates with your device?

NatashaA_VZW

0 Likes
FORESTERDOUG
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had the same issue on occasion for over a year, and it's always been related to messages sent or received while roaming.  I think it is a sync issue, as MMS mail (with Message+) has to sync and to do so it needs wifi or data.  If you see something that looks like a stop sign with up and down arrows on your top task bar while Message+ is open, it's telling you it needs to sync and you need to turn on wifi or data to do that.  When I have issues with Message+ because I am roaming or in remote areas with poor service, I find switching to the Messaging app often helps, but images sent via it are in lower resolution.  Let m say again - I THINK this is what is going on.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Forestdoug, thank you for providing those details. MAMABREEN, are you using integrated messaging with your Message+ Application? Integrated messaging allows you to sync your messages on other device such as a PC or tablet.

AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes
REBIRTHER4REAL

I have the same problem and the same phone. Moto Z Force. It's been happening for over the past 7-8 months a least and it just happened again this morning. I had a full thread of texts in a group text with 4 friends and I sent a reply, when I go back to read one of the comments to my reply I just sent, that's the only thread there???

Has this problem been figured out??

1/5/2018

0 Likes